Bills sign tryout player TE Moral Stephens and D L Quindarius Thagard after rookie mini-camp

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Looks like a lot of TE use this year with how many they are bringing in.

Or we only have 2 solidly making the roster and letting guys fight it out is good business on the 90 man. Carrying 5 for 3 spots is pretty on ratio for what a 90 should look like 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Oh, I agree. I also wonder if he is new at this and the fact that he had a player get picked up makes him proud. The "proud" could be pointed at his player not his own work.but Mr Vazquez doent know proper terminology...

BTW, What card do I have in my hand?

I’m sure it’s a very difficult business in which a young guy can get a foothold. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Certainly both, but read it again. The agent “created an opportunity”? The players ability made him desirable, and the agent mentioned himself first. Read it any way you like, that was some self-promotion in my eyes. NOT saying that’s a terrible thing, but it seemed a little too obvious (or possible just unaware of nuance) for me. 

But that’s just me. Take it any way you like.  I’m not claiming to read his mind. 

Not wasn’t humble by any means but if he had few to no invites and the agent worked some magic- I can see why a young guy would accidentally include himself in the brag there. Especially when trying to show his own skills to upcoming clients. 

Youve been around long enough to see quiet success can easily trump loud bragging - but it’s often a tough lesson

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Well the agent sounds pretty full of himself! 

Commendation for his client and self promotion are not necessarily mutually exclusive.  I'm sure, though, that he wants to get his name out there for potential future clients to see.  

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Commendation for his client and self promotion are not necessarily mutually exclusive.  I'm sure, though, that he wants to get his name out there for potential future clients to see.  

See above when I said “certainly both”.

I get it. Really. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Augie said:

Certainly both, but read it again. The agent “created an opportunity”? The players ability made him desirable, and the agent mentioned himself first. Read it any way you like, that was some self-promotion in my eyes. NOT saying that’s a terrible thing, but it seemed a little too obvious (or possible just unaware of nuance) for me. 

But that’s just me. Take it any way you like.  I’m not claiming to read his mind. 

Definitely not Jerry Maguire material.......violates the whole Maguire manifesto

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Do we have enough Olivers to make a decent martini? 

I try to steal the olives when they're not looking! I think we stole our Oliver while the whole world was watching!  

Maybe Beane wants to field 11 TEs on the field on offense at the same time.

Enough with the TEs already!!

This is in no way an attack on Moral Stephens. Just want register a protest on the “Moral”ity of signing yet another TE.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Maybe Beane wants to field 11 TEs on the field on offense at the same time.

Enough with the TEs already!!

This is in no way an attack on Moral Stephens. Just want register a protest on the “Moral”ity of signing yet another TE.

If it’s a showcase, and the kid catches on somewhere else I’ll be thrilled. I wish him nothing but he best, and I respect them for giving him a shot. 

4 hours ago, DJB said:

I think it has to do with they aren't satisfied with who we have as far as starters and depth 

You may be right but it may just be that none of these guys have much of a history of actual on field performance.  They may be playing it safe by bringing in a larger number of guys hoping to hit it on a couple of them.  Similar to their approach on the o-line.