Bills sign tryout player TE Moral Stephens and D L Quindarius Thagard after rookie mini-camp

Tough to find much information on him.  What I found is that he went to the University of Florida where he was an underutilized backup.  What little I could find in the way of a scouting report suggested in his few opportunities he exhibited some flashes both in receiving and blocking.  As a receiver, he averaged over 17 yards per catch, but that was on like about 15 receptions.  He is a fraction under 6'3" and weighs 247 lbs, if the info I saw was accurate.  He times at 4.82 in the 40.  None of that is great, but then he is a UDFA.  If he ran a 4.60 and led his team in receptions he'd have been drafted in round 3.

15 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Looks like a lot of TE use this year with how many they are bringing in.

I think it has to do with they aren't satisfied with who we have as far as starters and depth 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Frez said:

I agree! 

I know many have alluded to how Beane reacted when Hockenson was picked giving us Oliver believing that his reaction meant we had no interest in him, but the amount of players and money Beane has invested in the TE position tells me that unless they are quite incompetent, Hockenson was high on their board.

It just so happens that Oliver was higher that's all. 

Edited by DJB

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Or proud of his player

Certainly both, but read it again. The agent “created an opportunity”? The players ability made him desirable, and the agent mentioned himself first. Read it any way you like, that was some self-promotion in my eyes. NOT saying that’s a terrible thing, but it seemed a little too obvious (or possible just unaware of nuance) for me. 

But that’s just me. Take it any way you like.  I’m not claiming to read his mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Certainly both, but read it again. The agent “created an opportunity”? The players ability made him desirable, and the agent mentioned himself first. Read it any way you like, that was some self-promotion in my eyes. NOT saying that’s a terrible thing, but it seemed a little too obvious (or possible just unaware of nuance) for me. 

But that’s just me. Take it any way you like.  I’m not claiming to read his mind. 

Oh, I agree. I also wonder if he is new at this and the fact that he had a player get picked up makes him proud. The "proud" could be pointed at his player not his own work.but Mr Vazquez doent know proper terminology...

BTW, What card do I have in my hand?

• Like (+1) 1