LaAdrian Waddle: ‘Patriot guys definitely respect the Bills’

https://buffalonews.com/2019/05/10/buffalo-bills-laadrian-waddle-new-england-patriots-josh-allen-tom-brady-bill-belichick-sean-mcdermott-nfl-football-2019/

The Bills’ LaAdrian Waddle, shown here blocking Leonard Floyd of the Chicago Bears, said “Being over in New England, every time we played Buffalo, they definitely always played us tough. They always gave us a hard time and playing them, you can see those guys play hard.” 

Usually, it’s the other way around.

Players leave the Buffalo Bills for the New England Patriots, looking to find out firsthand what it’s like to be on the dynastic side of the NFL tracks.
Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

I havent read the article but I would think they respect our fans & even how hard our team plays them. They may even show us respect because they respect every team they play enough to play them hard week in & week out. Not sleeping on an opponent is maybe 1 way they've continued to beat the teams they were supposed to beat. They've been THE team to beat for the past decade. They're professional & a team like that should respect other teams their playing, we should too. In my opinion I don't make much of Waddle's statement, other than it makes sense that they would respect us to some degree.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I feel Waddle is being polite. Until we start beating New England on a regular basis, we should not expect their respect.

I think he’s referring to the fact they do respect them when they are preparing to play them, regardless of the history. They don’t view them as an easy win even though they have always found a way to beat them in the last 20 years. Ask Ohio state if they still respect the Michigan game. Sure it’s not the same traditional  rivalry but they’ve beaten them with regularity for the last 20 years but approach that game each year like they haven’t. It’s that edge that Brady/Belichick have, I can’t stand them as a Bills fan but they are as competitive as they come. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s referring to the fact they do respect them when they are preparing to play them, regardless of the history. They don’t view them as an easy win even though they have always found a way to beat them in the last 20 years. Ask Ohio state if they still respect the Michigan game. Sure it’s not the same traditional  rivalry but they’ve beaten them with regularity for the last 20 years but approach that game each year like they haven’t. It’s that edge that Brady/Belichick have, I can’t stand them as a Bills fan but they are as competitive as they come. 

steel sharpens steel.

Playing against Bellichick is like tempering your sword by putting into the hottest of fire.

They prepare better than anyone, and are Queens of the half time adjustment.

some folks have forgotten perhaps.

MCd  said quietly , early in his tenure here... We are building to beat the Patriots.
 quite sure that is the focus still.

I like this LaAdrian fellow and hope we can find a spot for him on the 53.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Teams who respect you don't act the way the Cheats did at the end of the game when Fitz beat them.  They don't drill a guy in the head well after the play is over.  They don't run up the score.  The Cheats don't respect us one bit

This is the nfl.  You run up the score any chance you get.  Ask Atlanta how taking their foot off the gas worked for them in the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

This is the nfl.  You run up the score any chance you get.  Ask Atlanta how taking their foot off the gas worked for them in the Superbowl.

Atlanta actually kept their foot on the gas instead of running the football.  There was a really good analysis a few years back that showed how Atlanta could have killed the clock completely if they just ran the ball.  Too many incomplete passes in the second half gave the Cheats the time they needed to come back.  Another example of stupid coaching giving the Cheats an SB they didn't deserve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Teams who respect you don't act the way the Cheats did at the end of the game when Fitz beat them.  They don't drill a guy in the head well after the play is over.  They don't run up the score.  The Cheats don't respect us one bit

Yup, seems that way. One could argue that some in that Pats organization don't even respect the game, much less another team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

Except the opposite happened.  They tried to pass when all they had to do was run the ball.  Running and punting was better than stopping the clock with incomplete passes.

• Like (+1) 1