LaAdrian Waddle: ‘Patriot guys definitely respect the Bills’

7 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

This is the nfl.  You run up the score any chance you get.  Ask Atlanta how taking their foot off the gas worked for them in the Superbowl.

They tried to run up the score and it backfired.  The players may have become less focused thinking they had it won, but they definitely didn't take their foot off the gas with their play calling.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Kindve a lame article. 

The Bills are the Patriots whipping boys. BB just does an amazing job of not having those guys look past anyone. 

This is likely a big reason that you're a Patriots fan.  I, too, respect BB's coaching abilities.  But only a true Pats fan would slam the Bills like you do at every given opportunity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Easy to beat...tough to play... NE vs Buffalo

In 2014 with the #4 defense overall the Bills got trounced by the Patriots 37-22 in Buffalo. That 2014 season the Buffalo Bills led the NFL in sacks with 54!  The Bills only sacked Brady 2x.

Although they beat the Patriots in the last game of the season at NE. The 12-4 Patriots Brady played the first half, Garoppolo played the second in a 17-8 win. The Pats had already home field throughout so the win didn't matter. 

2016 with Brady suspended week four the Bills beat the Patriots 16-0 at NE with Jacoby Brissett at QB for NE.  The next time they meet in Week eight the Bills get beat 41-25 at Buffalo with Brady at QB. 

2018 Buffalo Bills had the #2 in yards allowed, #18 in points allowed. The Bills lost both games. 

In his 18 years in the NFL the Buffalo Bills have been Tom Brady's beiotch.  The Biggest difference between the teams has been one player...da GOAT!

40 playoff games, 14 pro bowls. 9 super bowls with 6 wins. Since 2000 the Patriots have only missed the playoffs 3 times. 16 years of playoffs. 

During that same time frame 2000-2018 the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs ...once :cry:

Edited by Nihilarian

16 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Teams who respect you don't act the way the Cheats did at the end of the game when Fitz beat them.  They don't drill a guy in the head well after the play is over.  They don't run up the score.  The Cheats don't respect us one bit

There's not much that i respect of the Pats but them running up the score on teams is one that i DO respect... That's something I wish the Bills could do but we never seem to find a coach who keeps his foot on the gas pedal instead of pumping the brakes....

Take the Vikings game last season for example. The way we played on offense in the 1st half, we could of easily finished the game with 40+ points maybe even 50, but as soon as we got a comfortable lead, we called run plays only to kill clock and it worked but it easily could've been 3 and outs and put ourselves in a nail biter in the 4th quarter...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Atlanta actually kept their foot on the gas instead of running the football.  There was a really good analysis a few years back that showed how Atlanta could have killed the clock completely if they just ran the ball.  Too many incomplete passes in the second half gave the Cheats the time they needed to come back.  Another example of stupid coaching giving the Cheats an SB they didn't deserve.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s referring to the fact they do respect them when they are preparing to play them, regardless of the history. They don’t view them as an easy win even though they have always found a way to beat them in the last 20 years. Ask Ohio state if they still respect the Michigan game. Sure it’s not the same traditional  rivalry but they’ve beaten them with regularity for the last 20 years but approach that game each year like they haven’t. It’s that edge that Brady/Belichick have, I can’t stand them as a Bills fan but they are as competitive as they come. 

There's a difference between respect and preparing for an opponent. I doubt the Pats prepare lightly for any opponent. As I said, Waddle was being polite.

4 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

There's not much that i respect of the Pats but them running up the score on teams is one that i DO respect... That's something I wish the Bills could do but we never seem to find a coach who keeps his foot on the gas pedal instead of pumping the brakes....

Take the Vikings game last season for example. The way we played on offense in the 1st half, we could of easily finished the game with 40+ points maybe even 50, but as soon as we got a comfortable lead, we called run plays only to kill clock and it worked but it easily could've been 3 and outs and put ourselves in a nail biter in the 4th quarter...

Eh with a rookie in his second start, I think It made sense to just sit on the lead. The defense was playing lights out too. 

20 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Patriot fans don’t respect the Bills...

And no real NFL fans respect Patriots fans, at all.

20 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

This is the nfl.  You run up the score any chance you get.  Ask Atlanta how taking their foot off the gas worked for them in the Superbowl.

Cheap shots on the sideline are not "running up the score".  Gronk giving Tre White a concussion was just him being a POS.  In the unlikely event I ever see him in person, I will tell him so directly.

Edited by BobChalmers

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

the pats dont take weeks off and dont take teams lightly.  they are the best coached team in the league week in and week out. they feast on the weak teams and rarely lose games they're supposed to. 

Well, they couldn't win with Jacoby Brissett and his broken thumb, could they!!!?????

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, they couldn't win with Jacoby Brissett and his broken thumb, could they!!!?????

and i think brisett still had a pretty decent game against us. we had a bunch of field goals from little i remember. 

Pretty sure no team has been dominated more in the last 20 years then Pats over Bills.  Living in NE, I often here about how the Bills "play tough" but for the most part I dont see it unless a cat plays tough with a mouse before it decides to finish it off which is how I have seen the last two decades for the most part.

Respect ? ... They basically beat us twice a year and we have no one to stand up for their brothers.

When Meathead Gronkowski brutally assaulted Tre White not one of our players stood up for Tre.

When Vince Wilpork took out Losman's knee with an obvious elbow, not one player stood up for JP.

Until our players stick up for each other there will be no respect.

• Like (+1) 1

This sounds like when Belichick used to praise Josh Reed and Chris Kelsey.  

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

Pretty sure no team has been dominated more in the last 20 years then Pats over Bills.  Living in NE, I often here about how the Bills "play tough" but for the most part I dont see it unless a cat plays tough with a mouse before it decides to finish it off which is how I have seen the last two decades for the most part.

Whenever I’m in Boston wearing Bills stuff, they just keep up to me and say that we’re their 2nd favorite AFC East team and they hope we win sometime.  It sucks but they don’t even view as a rival.  They pity us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This sounds like when Belichick used to praise Josh Reed and Chris Kelsey.  

Whenever I’m in Boston wearing Bills stuff, they just keep up to me and say that we’re their 2nd favorite AFC East team and they hope we win sometime.  It sucks but they don’t even view as a rival.  They pity us.

Yeah that is true.  The Dolphins actually have had success beating them in recent years for whatever reason and of course any NY City team is way more of a rivalry.