Buffalo Niagara Airport best medium sized airport.

2 hours ago, boater said:

When I use the airport, I'm in and out like a hot knife through butter. I'm a happy flyer.

Now they're doing an $80mil remodel to "improve" access. Improve what?

Must be nice to have $80mil burning a whole in your pocket and fix things that aren't broken.

Relax...it’s all the Canadian flyers paying for it.  ?

19 hours ago, teef said:

it's tiny, but the amount of money they've spent on the rochester airport is shocking.  if the states grants them money, they find a way to spend it every time.  how many years has construction gone on there?  for two terminals?

Is there still a ferry service between Toronto and Rochester?

51 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Is there still a ferry service between Toronto and Rochester?

the fast ferry?  oh god no.  that thing was a nightmare.  there was always rumors that a the old mayor pushed a lot through to create jobs and money for friends.  it was just a bad idea and a way over build ferry.  no one in the world wants to leave toronto to come to rochester.  they could have pushed the wine trails/finger lakes, but nothing like that ever surfaced.

on top of that, you could actually drive back and forth faster that you could taking the ferry.  

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, teef said:

the fast ferry?  oh god no.  that thing was a nightmare.  there was always rumors that a the old mayor pushed a lot through to create jobs and money for friends.  it was just a bad idea what a way over build ferry.  no one in the world wants to leave toronto to come to rochester.  they could have pushed the wine trails/finger lakes, but nothing like that ever surfaced.

on top of that, you could actually drive back and forth faster that you could taking the ferry.  

Sounds like textbook urban planning 

I’m surprised that the Syracuse airport isn’t on any list. Is the Buffalo airport significantly bigger than the Syracuse airport?

And the Syracuse airport just went through a major facelift, but they didn’t address parking, which is the Achilles Heel of all airports. 

Interesting. Those three airports are three of the four I’m in the most. I live in Orange County so I fly out of John Wayne a lot. And Buffalo of course for obvious reasons and LV because I connect there a lot. I love the smaller airports because they are so easy to get dropped off and to your gate. The challenge is getting direct flights from there for long hauls. I’ve been flying from CA to BUFF for over 30 years and have NEVER had a direct flight. I flew in and out of ATL last week and it is the busiest airport in the world. What a ***** zoo to get into. Add to the fact they are doing construction (well it seems every airport in the world is always under construction) at the drop off for domestic and it was a major cluster eff!  LV is great if you like to gamble (I don’t) because they have slot machines all over.  

On a related note.  Airports are the best for day drinking. Well morning drinking actually. They are the only place you can get a drink at 6am and no one looks at you funny. As a matter of fact they look at you funny if you sit at the bar and have a coffee. They all are trained to ask you if you want a shot with your beer for $5. “Dude it’s 6am!!  I’m not even supposed to be drinking a beer and you want to pour me a shot???  Get the fu.....ok ok. But just one.”

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Interesting. Those three airports are three of the four I’m in the most. I live in Orange County so I fly out of John Wayne a lot. And Buffalo of course for obvious reasons and LV because I connect there a lot. I love the smaller airports because they are so easy to get dropped off and to your gate. The challenge is getting direct flights from there for long hauls. I’ve been flying from CA to BUFF for over 30 years and have NEVER had a direct flight. I flew in and out of ATL last week and it is the busiest airport in the world. What a ***** zoo to get into. Add to the fact they are doing construction (well it seems every airport in the world is always under construction) at the drop off for domestic and it was a major cluster eff!  LV is great if you like to gamble (I don’t) because they have slot machines all over.  

On a related note.  Airports are the best for day drinking. Well morning drinking actually. They are the only place you can get a drink at 6am and no one looks at you funny. As a matter of fact they look at you funny if you sit at the bar and have a coffee. They all are trained to ask you if you want a shot with your beer for $5. “Dude it’s 6am!!  I’m not even supposed to be drinking a beer and you want to pour me a shot???  Get the fu.....ok ok. But just one.”

Southwest flies direct Buf-LAX I think, might be worth the pain in the arse drive with no connections. 

Only problem with airport drinking is the cost. That’s why I love love love our Amex Platinum. Yes it’s pricey, but pretty much a lounge in any airport anywhere, and what We get in free drinks per year in the lounges more than pays for the card!

Richmond nice airport as well, two weeks ago had some plans change. I live 25 minutes from airport, had a flight that left in 45 minutes if I could get there from home. In the car, drop at valet, No one in TSA LINE, made it by 10 minutes!

Again... You want really charming.  Fly in/out of Niagara Falls Airport (IAG).  Spirit and Allegiant only flies to and from there to Florida. LoL... I picked my sister up from there, it was like going back in time to 1962.

PassengerEdit

Airlines Destinations
Allegiant Air Orlando/Sanford, Punta Gorda (FL), Savannah (begins June 7, 2019), St. Petersburg/Clearwater
Spirit Airlines Fort Lauderdale 
Seasonal: Myrtle Beach

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again... You want really charming.  Fly in/out of Niagara Falls Airport (IAG).  Spirit and Allegiant only flies to and from there to Florida. LoL... I picked my sister up from there, it was like going back in time to 1962.

PassengerEdit

Airlines Destinations
Allegiant Air Orlando/Sanford, Punta Gorda (FL), Savannah (begins June 7, 2019), St. Petersburg/Clearwater
Spirit Airlines Fort Lauderdale 
Seasonal: Myrtle Beach

Oh man, i am flying Allegiant to the Titans game...might be the last you see of me @Mr Info, as he is on the same flights...i hope they inspect the planes once or twice between now and then!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oh man, i am flying Allegiant to the Titans game...might be the last you see of me @Mr Info, as he is on the same flights...i hope they inspect the planes once or twice between now and then!

Godspeed!

Not sure how we are getting to Tenn.  yet (Fly or Drive)... HQ  will be the Vandy Embassy Suites.

Hope you make it! Heavens to God me meet up, might be the final nail in the coffin!  ?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Southwest flies direct Buf-LAX I think, might be worth the pain in the arse drive with no connections. 

Only problem with airport drinking is the cost. That’s why I love love love our Amex Platinum. Yes it’s pricey, but pretty much a lounge in any airport anywhere, and what We get in free drinks per year in the lounges more than pays for the card!

Richmond nice airport as well, two weeks ago had some plans change. I live 25 minutes from airport, had a flight that left in 45 minutes if I could get there from home. In the car, drop at valet, No one in TSA LINE, made it by 10 minutes!

Nope. Just checked. I’ve never seen a direct CA to BUFF from any airport. 

Here’s what you do regarding drinking at the airport  and on the plane. Get a few of those mini booze bottles at the liquor store. They are allowed through TSA. Have a beer at the bar and suck a few of those down beforehand and while on the plane. Very cost effective. Regardless planes are one the cheapest places to drink. I think a beer is $6? 

@Chef Jim they must have stopped it. They definitely had one about 18 months again, had relatives take it out to Chargers game pretty sure. 

And dude I always have at least 6 airplane bottles of jack fire   I don’t like takeoff, bumps, and landing... all times no booze cart available. Never fly without them!

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And dude I always have at least 6 airplane bottles of jack fire   I don’t like takeoff, bumps, and landing... all times no booze cart available. Never fly without them!

If you bring your own, don't get caught.

Quite serious fine.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

JetBlue has a direct Buf to LAX. Flight time lists 5h32m

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There ya go, I thought it was Southwest! TY

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

If you bring your own, don't get caught.

Quite serious fine.

Never been an issue as I am not a knucklehead with them.   Concealed  in hand, one shot

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Personally I’d rather connect than deal with LAX. I live 15 minutes from my office where I park long term for free and then a 5 minute Uber drive to SNA and. 5 minute (sometimes less) TSA line.  

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Never been an issue as I am not a knucklehead with them.   Concealed  in hand, one shot

Will smuggle booze for himself, yet cruelly runs a stunt so his children thought they were getting coal Christmas morning....ahem.  A knucklehead can be many things.  ??

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
?
  • Haha (+1) 1