does any team still use DE who mainly set edge?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I realize that Shaq Lawson is not likely here for any longer than this season but where will he go? i do not see teams who want him, at least not for more money comparable to what he gets this year. 

He’s essentially paid as a rotational/backup DE here. He will be likewise in 2020, somewhere. 

He improved last year.. let’s see how he plays this year..

I predict he will have options in 2020 ..,probably not here though...

He’ll get a reasonable deal somewhere..

Poor guy will probably have to live on only $6Mil a year and not $20Mil like Frank Clark & Demarcus Lawrence...

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I realize that Shaq Lawson is not likely here for any longer than this season but where will he go? i do not see teams who want him, at least not for more money comparable to what he gets this year. 

He much improved last year , if he can stay healthy & having Oliver putting pressure up the middle could benefit him greatly,  

i actually expect Shaq to have a good year !

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t matter.  We declined his option.  One and done regardless of how he does imo.

Are we just trying to get him close to his actual worth???

• Like (+1) 3

So many Lawson haters.. Lot of teams would love to have a player like Shaq. 

It’s still completely possible he learns a move or two and gets better rushes on the quarterback. But he’s showing a really impressive knack for batting down balls at the line which is valuable as well. 

I would imagine any 4-3 team in the league would take him for the right price. He’s not a 100 million guy and that’s ok. Not his fault he was picked high and hasn’t lived up to his draft position. If he has a breakout year this season he’ll get a giant payday next offseason 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Yes Base ends are still very vital in a 4-3 Defense. 

And this season is important for Shaq. Essentially it is a evaluation year on who will be here next year. Him or Murphy 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

So many Lawson haters.. Lot of teams would love to have a player like Shaq. 

It’s still completely possible he learns a move or two and gets better rushes on the quarterback. But he’s showing a really impressive knack for batting down balls at the line which is valuable as well. 

I would imagine any 4-3 team in the league would take him for the right price. He’s not a 100 million guy and that’s ok. Not his fault he was picked high and hasn’t lived up to his draft position. If he has a breakout year this season he’ll get a giant payday next offseason 

I'm glad someone is optimistic regarding Shaq Lawson, who started to show signs of becoming at least a decent DE last year.  We better hope Shaq shows more this year, otherwise there is no one other than Hughes and a bunch of rotational guys.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Everyone down on Shaq is laughable. The guy has done more in a Bills uniform than Trent Murphy 

lol I would hope so, seeing how Murphy has only played what, a hand full of games in a Bills uniform do to injury all the time. I agree he did improve, but comparing what he has done to Murphy doesn't really set the bar too high, no?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

lol I would hope so, seeing how Murphy has only played what, a hand full of games in a Bills uniform do to injury all the time. I agree he did improve, but comparing what he has done to Murphy doesn't really set the bar too high, no?

Well want to run one out and the Glass DE gets a pass?  It is interesting to me is all. 

As I stated this season will decide which if either are on the roster in 2020

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well want to run one out and the Glass DE gets a pass?  It is interesting to me is all. 

As I stated this season will decide which if either are on the roster in 2020

Who wants to run one out? And definitely not giving Murphy a pass by no means. IMO I'd rather have Shaq than Murphy if having to choose between the two. More reliable in any event.

I'm just mainly talking about your post seemed as if you were comparing how much more Shaq has done than Murphy when Murphy really hasn't done ***** anyway. Besides keep his name on the injury report.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Everyone down on Shaq is laughable. The guy has done more in a Bills uniform than Trent Murphy 

Exactly. I realize the overall pass rush numbers for Shaq are poor, but he has improved his overall play the past two years under McDermott. 

Whatever. These hater threads are f****** stupid at this point; the option is gone. He’ll probably go succeed elsewhere and these know-nothings pissing on the guy will suddenly fall silent and melt back under their bridges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Who wants to run one out? And definitely not giving Murphy a pass by no means. IMO I'd rather have Shaq than Murphy if having to choose between the two. More reliable in any event.

I'm just mainly talking about your post seemed as if you were comparing how much more Shaq has done than Murphy when Murphy really hasn't done ***** anyway.

Just comparing even last year. Shaq was even more productive.