Coaches, Trainers and GM’s should count against the cap.

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

I guess you all believe in an unlevel playing field.  

I believe tailgating expenses should be deducted from the salary cap! 

I nominate you as Treasurer to keep track of Bills expenses. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Billy Bellicheat, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol, the dude in Tampa Bay that wears the beret, and some of these high profile coaches/GM’s and trainers should be paid in accordance with the cap. 

I’ve heard the argument a hundred times: The Cheats only win because of two people - Brady (subject to the salary cap) and Bellycheat (not subject to cap). The Hoodie should be subject to the cap. Period end. 

Add to that hat the scouts, the nutritionists, the administrative staff (who handles calls, travel, orders Gatorade, etc). 

The playing field should be level for everyone. 

Can ya hear me?

I hear you and it is a stupid suggestion. 

46 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I guess you all believe in an unlevel playing field.  

I certainly do.  I hate the move to a level playing field.  I like the field having a nice big crown.  It helps our rushing focused team run down hill.  It gives us a competitive edge.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I believe tailgating expenses should be deducted from the salary cap! 

I nominate you as Treasurer to keep track of Bills expenses. 

I hear you but we all know that idea would get "tabled"

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I hear you and it is a stupid suggestion. 

People laughed at the Right Brothers when they said they could fly like birds. Even called them stupid. Same with Noah, Mark Twain and countless other inventors. An idea like this will take time.

So the Green Bay Packers (owned by a bunch of middle class mid westerners who drive pickup trucks and minivans) have to just sit and watch guys like Kraft, Irsay and Pegula spend millions and millions on luxurious training facilities, the best money guys, trainers, coaches, dieticians, etc. and we’re supposed to just look the other way?

How is that fair? Or as you say, why is that stupid?

On 5/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Billy Bellicheat, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol, the dude in Tampa Bay that wears the beret, and some of these high profile coaches/GM’s and trainers should be paid in accordance with the cap. 

I’ve heard the argument a hundred times: The Cheats only win because of two people - Brady (subject to the salary cap) and Bellycheat (not subject to cap). The Hoodie should be subject to the cap. Period end. 

Add to that hat the scouts, the nutritionists, the administrative staff (who handles calls, travel, orders Gatorade, etc). 

The playing field should be level for everyone. 

Can ya hear me?

Your lips move, but I can't hear what you say.

21 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

So it’s ok to spend millions on coaches and managers, equipment guys, trainers, etc. while the rest of the league languishes in mediocrity? Are you guys serious?

If you think Fergy's take on this is off the wall, you should do what my brother Darryl did - - spend a little time on the google to educate yourself about the issue.  Here's an article Darryl found showing that the prospect of a salary cap for coaches is real:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5188986

As the article points out, the NFL used to have a required league-wide pension plan for the assistant coaches of all NFL teams.  But the league changed its rules, and allowed individual teams to withdraw from the league-wide pension plan and to instead offer their own, team-specific pension plans for assistant coaches.  Roughly a third of the NFL teams withdrew and began offering their own, stingier pension plans.  I don't know what the Bills did, but Indy is one of the teams that took advantage of the opportunity to reduce pension benefits for its assistant coaches.

As a result, veteran Indy assistant coach Howard Mudd, a former Pro Bowl guard for the 49ers, retired in protest and took a lump sum retirement payout (although he did later return to the team as a "consultant").  Here's what Mudd had to say about the matter:

". . . the owners are going to keep stripping away more and more.  To me, the potential is there for a salary cap for coaches . . ."

So folks, don't act like uneducated Pats*** fans and ridicule Fergy's idea.  It may take years for the sweeping breadth of his proposal to be realized (Mudd did not forecast a salary cap for all team employees, just assistant coaches), but the future is moving in Fergy's direction, even if it's not for competitive balance reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

People laughed at the Right Brothers when they said they could fly like birds. Even called them stupid. Same with Noah, Mark Twain and countless other inventors. An idea like this will take time.

So the Green Bay Packers (owned by a bunch of middle class mid westerners who drive pickup trucks and minivans) have to just sit and watch guys like Kraft, Irsay and Pegula spend millions and millions on luxurious training facilities, the best money guys, trainers, coaches, dieticians, etc. and we’re supposed to just look the other way?

How is that fair? Or as you say, why is that stupid?

Yep listened to everything you said here. 

Guess what still stupid 

4 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

If you think Fergy's take on this is off the wall, you should do what my brother Darryl did - - spend a little time on the google to educate yourself about the issue.  Here's an article Darryl found showing that the prospect of a salary cap for coaches is real:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5188986

As the article points out, the NFL used to have a required league-wide pension plan for the assistant coaches of all NFL teams.  But the league changed its rules, and allowed individual teams to withdraw from the league-wide pension plan and to instead offer their own, team-specific pension plans for assistant coaches.  Roughly a third of the NFL teams withdrew and began offering their own, stingier pension plans.  I don't know what the Bills did, but Indy is one of the teams that took advantage of the opportunity to reduce pension benefits for its assistant coaches.

As a result, veteran Indy assistant coach Howard Mudd, a former Pro Bowl guard for the 49ers, retired in protest and took a lump sum retirement payout (although he did later return to the team as a "consultant").  Here's what Mudd had to say about the matter:

". . . the owners are going to keep stripping away more and more.  To me, the potential is there for a salary cap for coaches . . ."

So folks, don't act like uneducated Pats*** fans and ridicule Fergy's idea.  It may take years for the sweeping breadth of his proposal to be realized (Mudd did not forecast a salary cap for all team employees, just assistant coaches), but the future is moving in Fergy's direction, even if it's not for competitive balance reasons.

I guess you and I are stupid. Thanks for the research ICSWID!!

I wonder if there’s anything that would prevent the Pats from naming Tom Brady a “player coach / QB coach” and just drop his player salary and pay him a coach salary? 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep listened to everything you said here. 

Guess what still stupid 

Free your mind. 

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I guess you and I are stupid. Thanks for the research ICSWID!!

I wonder if there’s anything that would prevent the Pats from naming Tom Brady a “player coach / QB coach” and just drop his player salary and pay him a coach salary? 

Free your mind. 

My Mind is Free. Just not on Crack Fergy. It is a terrible drug. You really should Quit.