Coaches, Trainers and GM’s should count against the cap.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hear you.  I think you're Cray Cray

Brady ain't subject to no stinkin' cap

No reason to think Bellycheat would be either

No, but if I dare delve into the dark brilliance of Fergy’s perspective, no other team has their great QB under contract for life at little more than the vet minimum. The shadyazz shenanigans which exemplify Kraft’s craft, provide untold million$ for mr. Giselle in “future considerations”. Is he more brilliant than the owners of Green Bay, New Orleans, Seattle, San Diego/LA or just a cheating SOB we all know him to be. No way they can add big dollar, short year contracts every damn year and still have the goat at QB. I hope in years to come, their titles are stripped for devious manipulation of the rules just as the NCAA does.

and I hope he’s:

Publicly flogged

endures a forced sex change operation

found guilty of tax evasion

found guilty of insider trading

forced to dismantle the franchise.

until then, I’ll just continue tossing dildos on the field when they bring they’re cheat-flaunting team to WNY.

There, I feel better already..

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

& what about international games? I'm uncertain whether the OP really thought this whole thing out.  

If they play international games they need to offset the cap accordingly. Maybe one or two nutritionists stay state side with the secretary and equipment manager to bring the cost below cap. I’ve thought this out for the last several months and just decided to make a thread because I’ve been lurking here so long. 

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

If they play international games they need to offset the cap accordingly. Maybe one or two nutritionists stay state side with the secretary and equipment manager to bring the cost below cap. I’ve thought this out for the last several months and just decided to make a thread because I’ve been lurking here so long. 

but if they leave nutritionists behind it could lead to haggis or tacos de meow

15 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Although I disagree with the original poster, I do wish they would let ALL free agent signees count against the compensatory picks formula.   With only those signed prior to May 7 counting, it rewards and favors those teams who don't need a lot of high priced free agents with extra draft picks (some as high as the 3rd round) because they allow their free agents to walk, and then time the signing of replacements until after May 7, so they can  sign the free agent and get the extra draft picks.  Additionally, now that they can trade those compensatory picks, they can offload them in the current draft for a round higher the following year.  

Quite a few layers to unpack in there.

Comp picks aren’t about making bad teams good as much as creating consistency. It encourages teams to let players play out contracts instead of cutting them. It helps prevent great teams from bottoming out when they get pillaged. It does help prop up less desirable markets too. And with mixed results, having the cutoff date keeps vets on the fringe in the league (though maybe makes them wait longer than liked to be signed)

I think that us watching the pats work the system while we have not done well just makes it feel less fair. 

32 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We are all better for having your deep thoughts and participation in our conversation, Ferg. Keep it up.

The salary cap is generally good for the Bills because it prevents big market/high revenue teams  from buying their way to championships at the expense of small market/low revenue teams.

But I don't understand why any Bills fan would advocate for a salary cap for coaches/trainers/GMs at this point in Bills history.   We have one of the richest owners in the NFL and he's demonstrated a willingness to spend those riches on the team.  Why would we want to cap his spending???

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Quite a few layers to unpack in there.

Comp picks aren’t about making bad teams good as much as creating consistency. It encourages teams to let players play out contracts instead of cutting them. It helps prevent great teams from bottoming out when they get pillaged. It does help prop up less desirable markets too. And with mixed results, having the cutoff date keeps vets on the fringe in the league (though maybe makes them wait longer than liked to be signed)

I think that us watching the pats work the system while we have not done well just makes it feel less fair. 

We are all better for having your deep thoughts and participation in our conversation, Ferg. Keep it up.

I appreciate your explanation...and you are right...watching the Patriots work the system every year for 3rd round picks has really gotten to me.   I think when they started letting teams trade the picks, it made it worse.

We all agree that the best NFL coaches (not just head coaches) are way underpaid. The lousy ones are overpaid. If you could keep the best coaches and scouts and GM every year you could stay way under the salary cap for players and still win. It seems like Pegula gets this so things are looking up. 

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Well done Fergy, but this last post exposed your down rigging equipment.

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Billy Bellicheat, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol, the dude in Tampa Bay that wears the beret, and some of these high profile coaches/GM’s and trainers should be paid in accordance with the cap. 

I’ve heard the argument a hundred times: The Cheats only win because of two people - Brady (subject to the salary cap) and Bellycheat (not subject to cap). The Hoodie should be subject to the cap. Period end. 

Add to that hat the scouts, the nutritionists, the administrative staff (who handles calls, travel, orders Gatorade, etc). 

The playing field should be level for everyone. 

Can ya hear me?

Satire?