Coaches, Trainers and GM’s should count against the cap.

Billy Bellicheat, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol, the dude in Tampa Bay that wears the beret, and some of these high profile coaches/GM’s and trainers should be paid in accordance with the cap. 

I’ve heard the argument a hundred times: The Cheats only win because of two people - Brady (subject to the salary cap) and Bellycheat (not subject to cap). The Hoodie should be subject to the cap. Period end. 

Add to that hat the scouts, the nutritionists, the administrative staff (who handles calls, travel, orders Gatorade, etc). 

The playing field should be level for everyone. 

Can ya hear me?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Billy Bellicheat, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol, the dude in Tampa Bay that wears the beret, and some of these high profile coaches/GM’s and trainers should be paid in accordance with the cap. 

I’ve heard the argument a hundred times: The Cheats only win because of two people - Brady (subject to the salary cap) and Bellycheat (not subject to cap). The Hoodie should be subject to the cap. Period end. 

Add to that hat the scouts, the nutritionists, the administrative staff (who handles calls, travel, orders Gatorade, etc). 

Can ya hear me?

..nope...ear plugs....how much do you think Pegula allowed McBeane to spend on his staff of 17+, primarily made up of former exec level personnel guys?....that check book was carte blanche so where's YOUR BEEF?...bet THAT payroll in north of $5 mil+......we could always be the Bungles with a scout staff of three, one of which is Brown's daughter....knowing him, she's at minimum wage......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I really don't see how this could ever work.  There's too many moving parts behind the scenes and would stifle creation of new positions and opportunities. 

....so we could go back to the Donohole days of paying Airhorn Greggy a whopping $900 grand as a HC.......Wade made $800 grand in 1999.....I doubt the Owners would EVER collude (COUGH) to fight for coaching staff salary reductions if part of the cap....NFLPA approves of this message....SMH...

Although I disagree with the original poster, I do wish they would let ALL free agent signees count against the compensatory picks formula.   With only those signed prior to May 7 counting, it rewards and favors those teams who don't need a lot of high priced free agents with extra draft picks (some as high as the 3rd round) because they allow their free agents to walk, and then time the signing of replacements until after May 7, so they can  sign the free agent and get the extra draft picks.  Additionally, now that they can trade those compensatory picks, they can offload them in the current draft for a round higher the following year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can ya hear me?

I'm sure the Pats could figure out a way to undermine this system.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so we could go back to the Donohole days of paying Airhorn Greggy a whopping $900 grand as a HC.......Wade made $800 grand in 1999.....I doubt the Owners would EVER collude (COUGH) to fight for coaching staff salary reductions if part of the cap....NFLPA approves of this message....SMH...

There's so many damned periods in there I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

35 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I'm sure the Pats could figure out a way to undermine this system.

3000 year contract for BB to bring his average cap hit down.  Massively front loaded of course with almost all as a signing bonus or something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can ya hear me?

Dude they aint part of the players union.  The salary cap is tied into collective bargaining.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The shovelers that clear the snow at New Era should also count. 

That's outlandish. They're independent contractors and not affiliated with the team. You derailed a perfectly reasonable thread.

• Like (+1) 1

Can ya hear me?

The fact that coaching staff does not count against  the cap IS the field leveler.  Any owner can pay any salary to a HC.  It's chump change.

Can ya hear me?

Did you pass through Denver and get mushrooms ? on your salad?

Dont forget all the kickbacks from TB12 facilities 

Can ya hear me?

I hear you.  I think you're Cray Cray

Brady ain't subject to no stinkin' cap

No reason to think Bellycheat would be either