Derek Anderson retired

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It was the whole rationale for keeping him around in the first place.  Veteran mentor and all. 

No, Allen was injured and Peterman was awful. That's why he was brought in...

15 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

500 and change yards from #3 all-time in rushing yards, and he's going to retire? Do you think that kind of attitude is what got him to #4 all time?

https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-rushing-yards

Wow... Slowwwwwwww clap for you, @#34fan

Wow. Emmitt is untouchable! I dont think his record will ever be broken. Even the next four too rushing records seem unlikely to ever be broken! AD and Shady would be next in line, and neither one of them are even close. Beyond that, nobody is even sniffing Frank Gore's jock!

Edit to say that AD could conceivably achieve top 5 all time. He is getting close.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Like (+1) 1

Very selfish move by Anderson.  He should have never signed his contract extension if he didn't intend on playing.  Obviously there would have been huge problems if he ever sniffed the field, but I still find it to be a selfish move to commit and then back off the commitment.  

4 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Very selfish move by Anderson.  He should have never signed his contract extension if he didn't intend on playing.  Obviously there would have been huge problems if he ever sniffed the field, but I still find it to be a selfish move to commit and then back off the commitment.  

...first he was a UFA...secondly his one year deal had a $90,000 signing bonus and only $90,000 guaranteed......his vet minimum salary becomes fully guaranteed week one.....so who did he screw and how?.......Jesus, McBeane pays the Rockpile Beerman more than 180 grand...............

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...first he was a UFA...secondly his one year deal had a $90,000 signing bonus and only $90,000 guaranteed......his vet minimum salary becomes fully guaranteed week one.....so who did he screw and how?.......Jesus, McBeane pays the Rockpile Beerman more than 180 grand...............

It's not about how much money he was scheduled to make or the impact on the team.  It's BS for a guy to make a commitment and then retire.  If he wanted to retire, he should have done so before signing the contract.  Perhaps we could have even looked at bringing another veteran in.  

9 minutes ago, krf139 said:

It's not about how much money he was scheduled to make or the impact on the team.  It's BS for a guy to make a commitment and then retire.  If he wanted to retire, he should have done so before signing the contract.  Perhaps we could have even looked at bringing another veteran in.  

Joe Buscaglia

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on QB Derek Anderson's retirement: We knew about it as we started our offseason program. At the end of the day, we respect Derek's decision. He's been nothing but a joy to work with all the way back to my time in Carolina

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Nothing BS about it. It’s a business. 

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Joe Buscaglia

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on QB Derek Anderson's retirement: We knew about it as we started our offseason program. At the end of the day, we respect Derek's decision. He's been nothing but a joy to work with all the way back to my time in Carolina

Of course he's going to say the politically correct thing.  Personally, I wouldn't accept a job and then back out of the job.  I think it speaks to poor character and find it to be a BS move regardless of how it's spun.

13 minutes ago, krf139 said:

There are always bad 3rd string veteran QBs to bring in

Just now, krf139 said:

Of course he's going to say the politically correct thing.  Personally, I wouldn't accept a job and then back out of the job.  I think it speaks to poor character and find it to be a BS move regardless of how it's spun.

The clowns on WGR spent days talking about how great it will be to have Anderson back too.  How misleading.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

There are always bad 3rd string veteran QBs to bring in

But nobody McD knows from Carolina!!  

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

...and of course you know this to be correct.........give it up while you're ahead....SMH..........

• Like (+1) 1