Derek Anderson retired

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could swear they are bringing in a QB as a camp invite, not a UDFA, other than TJ of course.

Good memory.  "Southern Illinois QB Sam Straub: Threw for 4,336 yards with 37 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. Had 20 TDs passes as a junior in 2017."

source: https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/27/tracking-the-bills-undrafted-free-agents/

(paywall, trial available)

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Anderson is not needed as much now that we have an actual QB coach. Barkley will be fine as the player in Josh's ear on the sidelines and in the QB room, you should just hope to god he doesn't have to play. 

I thought Barkley put together one of the best QB games by a Bills QB last season?  First Jets game.  

Our WR looked better, we racked up the points, and while stats aren't everything he had the best QBR and passer rating of a Bills QB last season, passed for 2 TD, 0 INT 232 yds, 9.3 YPA.

Don't get me wrong, the Bears did the experiment of what he looked like over a longer stretch, but for a game or two, if he can continue as he did there, he seemed quite competent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He seemed like he was done to me.  Dorsey is a Qb coached.  Seemed liked Anderson was brought in to fill that position when it was obvious it was needed.  Barkley is the backup.  Tyree Jackson imo will display too much potential to put on PS.  Eventually, he is the perfect back up for Allen in play style. 

42 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

After his last concussion I don't think he wanted to get hit in the head with anything harder than a Nerf ball.

Gotta respect him tho.. he took one solid CTE maker last season, all for the Buffalo Bills. 

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good memory.  "Southern Illinois QB Sam Straub: Threw for 4,336 yards with 37 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. Had 20 TDs passes as a junior in 2017."

source: https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/27/tracking-the-bills-undrafted-free-agents/

(paywall, trial available)

Thank you for finding that.

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Southern Illinois QB Sam Straub: Threw for 4,336 yards with 37 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. Had 20 TDs passes as a junior in 2017.

You too.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Gotta respect him tho.. he took one solid CTE maker last season, all for the Buffalo Bills. 

I give him double respect credit if indeed Anderson looked at the rookie minicamp and said "hey, there's a young QB coming in for a tryout, other young guys, let me call my shot and free up a roster spot for some young hopeful"

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I give him double respect credit if indeed Anderson looked at the rookie minicamp and said "hey, there's a young QB coming in for a tryout, other young guys, let me call my shot and free up a roster spot for some young hopeful"

You gotta wonder.. will he be named a QB coach? Or does he ride off into the sunset? 

14 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

You gotta wonder.. will he be named a QB coach? Or does he ride off into the sunset? 

I think he rides.  Family and home in Arizona, I think. 

And I'm not sure that's a bad thing. 

We have a new QB coach this year (a guy with experience).

"Too many cooks"

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Barkley put together one of the best QB games by a Bills QB last season?  First Jets game.  

Our WR looked better, we racked up the points, and while stats aren't everything he had the best QBR and passer rating of a Bills QB last season, passed for 2 TD, 0 INT 232 yds, 9.3 YPA.

Don't get me wrong, the Bears did the experiment of what he looked like over a longer stretch, but for a game or two, if he can continue as he did there, he seemed quite competent.

Great points.  Plus, wasn't Barkley signed like the week before the Jets game?  

And as I recall, that was the game where Foster broke-out at WR.  

He looks like a very capable backup to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Damn. I really liked having 3 guys that could play. It made injury not be as daunting. I guess this kid from UB just got an unbelievably timed gift.

35 BUF qb 3 2 2 0-2-0 42 70 60.0 465 0 0.0 4 5.7 40 6.6 4.1 11.1 232.5 56.0 27.0 5 33 5.76 3.36 6.7  

The guy threw 4 interceptions in 2 games and passed for 465 yards total in both.  I don't think he could "play" anymore. Realistically, his concussion seemed a bit theatrical.   It's been 6+ years since he even had a decent season.  Why do Bills fans build up guys that aren't worth it - - why oh why???