Derek Anderson retired

People like Derek Anderson on the roster UNTIL he has to actually play football. He was wasting a roster spot.

If he's only there to coach and mentor, he should be a coach/mentor. 

It's nice for a rookie to have that veteran presence, but this is Allen's team for the foreseeable future. Barkley is a vet perfectly content playing the backup/support role. There was no need for Derek Anderson on the roster.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

People like Derek Anderson on the roster UNTIL he has to actually play football. He was wasting a roster spot.

If he's only there to coach and mentor, he should be a coach/mentor. 

It's nice for a rookie to have that veteran presence, but this is Allen's team for the foreseeable future. Barkley is a vet perfectly content playing the backup/support role. There was no need for Derek Anderson on the roster.

Derek Anderson is all used up in both capacities.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think it’s a good idea to have 4 in the offseason that know the playbook and then sharpen it right before the year. Plus I don’t want Allen put in position to take a lot of hits in the preseason. I like having a full complement of QB that know the playbook Incase you have to go through a few in the regular season.

You obviously have 4 arms in camp and it’s good to have a kid on the squad and a vet at home on speed dial... but it’s not super urgent 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well now I can exit the fear bunker I built in case he ever had to play again in a Bills uni. It was terrifying. 

If you didn’t do so when he was cut, don’t forget to properly dispose of the cyanide capsule that was to be used in the event all hope was lost and Peterman had to start again.

• Haha (+1) 3

Mentor gone, but that's ok. A #3 QB does not make or break the team. I wonder if they will go with 2 QB's or if Jackson will now make the team.

I expect we'll bring in another camp arm regardless.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Derek Anderson is all used up in both capacities.

Yeah. I don't know why it's a foregone conclusion that Anderson gets into coaching. I expect him to retire to Arizona and live his life. It's great that Anderson gave Allen a few pointers as a rookie; not sure that he had any more up his sleeve. 

This may be a little unfair, but Anderson is not a particularly bright guy. Some low IQ guys have an extremely high football IQ. I get that. Just wouldn't be surprised if that's the last we see of him.

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I predicted Tyree Jackson would make the team.... Looks like it'll definitely happen now.

If by making team you mean PS, then his chances just went up.  He would have to play at a high level to make it as #3 I suspect.  This will more likely mean an additional WR or TE will make the team.

Great opportunity for Tyree... looks like the roster spot is his to lose at this point.

From the article- 

Beane mentioned that he intends to keep three quarterbacks on the roster for near future.

"Right now we’re going to roll with these three . We’ll see how Tyree adjusts and how he does and give him a chance and compete. We’re excited we got Tyree and we’re excited to see him this weekend."

• Like (+1) 1

Isn't this what fans wanted, especially after we picked up Tyree? For DA to retire & perhaps move over to coaching?

I for one think this is good for the Bills. Frees up that roster spot & ends on DA's terms. Wish him good luck on his next moves & hope he stays on to help Josh. if not so be it

• Like (+1) 2