What the hell is wrong with Dawson Knox? Only draftee not signed..(6/14 - Now Signed-Go Dawson!!!)

JoeF

I find it interesting that any player, outside of an active CONTRACT, would be on the field practicing when there is at least some risk of injury.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, Gugny said:

I was wondering the same about the Rams, but I've never paid attention in previous years, so maybe this is normal for them.  No clue.  It does seem odd, though.

Jeff Fisher started requiring their drafts picks to get some training about handling the money they are about to get before they actually receive it. I'm assuming they are still requiring the draftees get that training. Should be something every team does.

Once all the training happens they will sign.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

5 hours ago, cd1 said:

I find it interesting that any player, outside of an active CONTRACT, would be on the field practicing when there is at least some risk of injury.

While Knox is at OTAs and his final contract is being negotiated he is playing under a guaranteed for injury contract.

This was confirmed earlier.

9 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Jeff Fisher started requiring their drafts picks to get some training about handling the money they are about to get before they actually receive it. I'm assuming they are still requiring the draftees get that training. Should be something every team does.

Once all the training happens they will sign.

Best training to ever come out of a Jeff Fischer football team...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Best training to ever come out of a Jeff Fischer football team...

He did have some great advice to help his struggling kicker back in the day with this brilliant piece of advice.

"He's got to kick it between the uprights."

Stuff like that is ground breaking.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I am surprised at the number of unsigned draft picks, knowing that a significant injury can occur, even if not working with the team.

i am very surprised at 7th rounders not signing, knowing that they may not ever end up playing in the NFL.

They sign a contract saying they would still get the same contract even if they suffer an injury before OTAs

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, mattynh said:

26 of 32 3rd rounders are not signed......man take a deep breath, it will be ok.  The odds of a 3rd rounding missing training camp due to a contract dispute? Like right next to 0

Honestly at this point I just want them to figure it out so I can stop hearing about it.

27 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They sign a contract saying they would still get the same contract even if they suffer an injury before OTAs

I am only speculating but I would assume that the rookie contract is pretty standard but that the guaranteed money is what would be in jeopardy.

Meanwhile, in news that actually matters... he's practicing and looks awesome:

http://expo.newyorkupstate.com/sports/g66l-2019/05/2157e6920ded4/buffalo-bills-week-2-otas-2019-josh-allen-lights-it-up-7-observations.html

"2. Bills may have something special in Dawson Knox

Overreaction alert, I know. But Knox was thrust into significant first-team reps after Tyler Kroft broke his foot last week and he flashed some major skills in the practice setting. He caught a touchdown and made some nice grabs throughout team drills. Allen was looking to get him the ball and two of his grabs were some of Allen's highlight-throws. One was a perfectly-placed over-the-shoulder grab on a 20-yard out route and the other was a simple play-action, quick hitter over the middle. If Knox can find a way to get on the field his speed can be a real addition to this Bills offense."

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/dawson-knox-whatever-opportunity-i-m-given-i-want-to-make-the-most-of-it

Okay, I like this kid (really impressive).....sorry for questioning his intellect.    He definitely fits the culture.  Walk-On on at Ole Miss.  Hard work got him on the field.  Learned a lot from playing behind Evan Engram. 

Waiting on other deals to get done to sign. 

Best part of the interview:

- Grew up a Titans fan

- Said he now believes that homerun throwback was a forward pass ?

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2