Rookie Minicamp coverage on NFLN 5/10 1pm - Duke Williams will also participate

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Man Oliver looks small in that picture 

It's a wide angle distortion and he is furthest from the camera. He is 40 lbs heavier than Johnson or Sweeney on each distorted edge. Ford is around 80 lbs heavier than those guys and only an inch shorter for reference.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Sweeney is huge. Johnson looks big enough to play DE. Joseph looks like a mean human being; my favorite pick of the draft.

I hope Joseph puts it together. I have a good feeling about him. Talent off the board.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

It's a wide angle distortion and he is furthest from the camera. He is 40 lbs heavier than Johnson or Sweeney on each distorted edge. Ford is around 80 lbs heavier than those guys and only an inch shorter for reference.

I Appreciate you taking the time and pointing it out ? !!!

Ford looks like a BEAST!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I hope Joseph puts it together. I have a good feeling about him. Talent off the board.

Yeah me too. I think he is going to contribute this year and be an impact player. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Yeah me too. I think he is going to contribute this year and be an impact player. 

I think you are right. His natural suddeness and speed are something else. I read an article where they jokingly proposed putting a $50 Bill on each page of his playbook so he pays attention! 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Sweeney is huge! His hands and blocking ability really might give him a shot. He’s not a burner but catching rockets in the middle of the field won’t be an issue. 

I feel very good about this draft class...They are going to kick some A...!

• Like (+1) 1

Someone help me out here:

There seems to be so much hype surrounding Sills, and I can't figure out why. One article I read called him "the most interesting prospect of minicamp..." Really??? More interesting than Duke Williams? Or Christian Wade, for that matter? Another article called him "the LeBron James of football." What am I missing? I have seen exactly two clips from minicamp that show him moving. He's 6'3". He was a QB in high school. He was scouted at a weirdly young age, but that fell through anyway. And, there are plenty of players we've had that played QB at some point in their academic careers. Why the hype? It reminds me of the hype surrounding Foster this time last year, but Foster has elite speed. Does Sills? Is there any part of Sills game that one might call "elite?" Why would he be compared to LeBron, and why has the media fallen in love with this guy?

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There seems to be so much hype surrounding Sills, and I can't figure out why. One article I read called him "the most interesting prospect of minicamp..." Really??? More interesting than Duke Williams? Or Christian Wade, for that matter? Another article called him "the LeBron James of football." What am I missing? I have seen exactly two clips from minicamp that show him moving. He's 6'3". He was a QB in high school. He was scouted at a weirdly young age, but that fell through anyway. And, there are plenty of players we've had that played QB at some point in their academic careers. Why the hype? It reminds me of the hype surrounding Foster this time last year, but Foster has elite speed. Does Sills? Is there any part of Sills game that one might call "elite?" Why would he be compared to LeBron, and why has the media fallen in love with this guy?

The LeBron comparison maybe for being recruited at such a young age?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The LeBron comparison maybe for being recruited at such a young age?

Interesting. I guess I'd have to follow basketball to catch that reference. It's a little esoteric, and places an obscure context on the comparison. I think when most people think of LeBron James, they think of one of the current elite players in the league, and one of the all-time greats. That's a helluva stretch when talking about Sills.

Edited by Rocky Landing

44 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Go watch his ESPN E:60 Story to know really why, it’s a great watch.  

The Lebron James nickname was from when he was a QB phenom until he broke his hand and never regained his grip and lost his accuracy.

Once he went to West Virginia, one day in practice lined up at WR without ever playing WR and no one could cover him.  He converted to WR with immediate success but left school and went to junior college to try one more crack at QB, but still couldn’t get his control back.  Went back to WV and committed to play WR and was a Bilitenkoff finalist for best WR in country in his first season.  Put up 33 TDs as a WR, mostly in his only two years playing WR full time.   

This guys never give up, always adapt, can’t keep him down mentality and natural ability to find a way to great is reason enough.  But he was also a great college WR despite never playing a down as a WR in his life until college.

Lots to like about him and his story.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The Lebron James nickname was from when he was a QB phenom until he broke his hand and never regained his grip and lost his accuracy.

Once he went to West Virginia, one day in practice lined up at WR without ever playing WR and no one could cover him.  He converted to WR with immediate success but left school and went to junior college to try one more crack at QB, but still couldn’t get his control back.  Went back to WV and committed to play WR and was a Bilitenkoff finalist for best WR in country in his first season.  Put up 33 TDs as a WR, mostly in his only two years playing WR full time.   

This guys never give up, always adapt, can’t keep him down mentality and natural ability to find a way to great is reason enough.  But he was also a great college WR despite never playing a down as a WR in his life until college.

Thanks for a great response.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then why did he go undrafted? 

WV is a pretty big school we’re not talking South Dakota state here , just seems bizarre the kind of numbers this kid was able to put up and out of 32 teams not even one was willing to give up a 7th round pick for this kid , NOT even US  , 

I hope this kid will work hard , and I hope he could be this years Robert Foster !!! 

Go Bills !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Putin said:

Then why did he go undrafted? 

WV is a pretty big school we’re not talking South Dakota state here , just seems bizarre the kind of numbers this kid was able to put up and out of 32 teams not even one was willing to give up a 7th round pick for this kid , NOT even US  , 

I hope this kid will work hard , and I hope he could be this years Robert Foster !!! 

Go Bills !!!!

Lots of guys projected to get drafted go undrafted every single year.  Sills is raw, he never played WR in his entire life until really his last 2 years at WV.  Yes he dominated on the field 2 straight years, but he has a lot of work to do in order to perform at the same level in the NFL and doesn't have the experience of all the nuances of what it meant to be a successful WR at the next level.  

Some mocks had him going as high as the 3rd round.  Most had him in the 4th/5th.  Guys graded in 4th/5th are no locks to get drafted.  More importantly this was a VERY deep WR class.  It wasn't top heavy, but extremely deep in the mid rounds.  Also, later rounds are when team are filling things out like ST and stuff too, and guys who have highest chance to make the roster (usually because they feel they will make it at least from a ST stand point).  

The fact he wasn't drafted was actually quite surprising to just about everyone, however many teams were trying to sign him the second the draft was over.  As a late round WR, he really isnt a guy I think many are projecting for ST, so thats probably why he didnt get drafted.  Even Beane himself said they had a "draft-able" grade on him, but late in the draft he was looking or guys who had a better chance to make the team from ST standpoint.  

Several WR's that were expected to get drafted in the mid rounds went undrafted too, like Emmanuel Hall, Anthony Johnson, Stanley Morgan Jr, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 5/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Sweeney is huge! His hands and blocking ability really might givkooe him a shot. He’s not a burner but catching rockets in the middle of the field won’t be an issue. 

I like Sweeney as well. Another guy to root for and keep an eye on. Appears to be pretty intense and fearless with good hands.

Edited by Rocket94

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Doc said:

Sounds like another Colt Lyerla. 

Colt's lateat escapade:
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2019/06/colt-lyerla-former-oregon-ducks-football-player-accused-of-attacking-girlfriend.html
Colt Lyerla (Lane County Sheriff's Office)

Did anyone see the recent 60 minutes episode about the drug problem in Huntingon, Va?
Unfortunately one af the addicts was wearing Bills gear...

• Haha (+1) 1