Rookie Minicamp coverage on NFLN 5/10 1pm - Duke Williams will also participate

Matt Parrino's report from today- 

Here's what he said about Duke-

On the field Williams was the class at the position. His routes, cuts, speed and hands looked like he was out of place mixed in with the rookies. But he said after practice that he was glad to be there because he imparted some wisdom on his young teammates: don't take this for granted.

And about Singletary-

Beane shocked many when he pulled the trigger on a running back in the third round. But Devin Singletary looked like he may be worth it just from a quick glimpse out at practice. He's decisive with the ball in his hands and he has that burst once he gets past the first level. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who is between Ford and Sweeney? Is that vosean

joseph? If so he’s bigger than I thought. 

I think so his number is 50 and no one else has a 5.

22 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

And about Singletary-

Cautiously optimistic about Duke Williams it's a good report for him but realistically he should look better right now he's got more experience from the CFL and a head start in the system.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, DJB said:

Thanks but why? Doubtful there is much Bills coverage and instead we get to listen as to why Brady shaving his sac differently will improve his velocity this year. 

making up for his deflated balls?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

And about Singletary-

Bobby Johnson looks like significant upgrade at OL coach

Juan Castillo wasn't a bad coach by any stretch but he wasn't very noticeable. Not all great coaches are animated or loud, but the good ones are engaged and energetic. Bobby Johnson's first practice as Bills offensive line coach was impressive. He seemed to connect with players and brought some juice. That's going to be important for a group that dramatically underperformed in 2018.

I really hope he is. It will be crucial to the Bills success this year, as well as Allen’s development. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Johnson is a large human being. 

He is, but there is distortion on both edges of the picture and the guys on the edges are closer to the camera as well. Johnson is more tall and lean, 6'6" 254, Sweeney too 6'5"250. Definitely big dudes but the edge distortion from the wide angle makes them even more burly.☺

Ford is 6'4" 330 for comparison.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've learned to trust Joe B's QB observations. He was always more critical on our QBs than others, and he has thus turned out to be right (EJ comes to mind most prominently). 

Here he is not nearly as kind to Jackson as Parrino and Brown. And I trust it.

• Like (+1) 2