Bills sign Oliver

There are guys that hold out.  Look at Roquan Smith for the Bears last year.  While signing draft picks is not the challenge it used to be, it is still commendable to get our first round stud signed, sealed, delivered and into the mix quickly and without fuss.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

No...the issue people will have is comments like get it done beane, times are changing and other attempts to make this a story of greatness. Every 1st rounder will sign and it will be along a salary slot. Nothing to see here. 

I'll add that to the list smh

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

I will miss the paranoid posts that the Bills are failing because they are not signing picks.

Well at this rate they will sign them all too quickly and get into camp and overwork their bodies and be injured. Our something along those doom and gloom lines. 

8 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I will miss the paranoid posts that the Bills are failing because they are not signing picks.

That's like saying "I'll miss the snow" when you know it'll be back next year.

Great stuff!  And he is one of the early players in first round to sign, which is great!  I know that getting them to sign is not the issue it used to be but this still is a great indicator of his desire to be here, along with a front office that does their job well!

According to this tracker, only 5 others have signed in the first round. - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030362/article/2019-nfl-draft-track-all-firstround-pick-signings

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

The changes made to the CBA after the 2011 lock out made it one of the few sports related labor disputes that actually had a noticeable positive outcome.

We can (partly) thank JaMarcus Russell for that, too. Imagine being so awful at your job that you completely reset the pay scale of entry level employees by a margin as large as this.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

We can (partly) thank JaMarcus Russell for that, too. Imagine being so awful at your job that you completely reset the pay scale of entry level employees by a margin as large as this.

Absolutely true whenever I think of a Bills draft bust I think of Russel and it makes me realize it could always be worse.