TE Lee Smith visiting Bills

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone please explain to me the advantage of playing a “blocking TE” that absolutely is no threat in the passing game as opposed to an extra OL? 

And a penalty machine if I recall correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone please explain to me the advantage of playing a “blocking TE” that absolutely is no threat in the passing game as opposed to an extra OL? 

If it's purely for competition and he's not being offered much (more than Fisher), I'd have no problem with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

If it's purely for competition and he's not being offered much (more than Fisher), I'd have no problem with it. 

I get it but that still doesn’t answer my question. Neither of them needs to make it IMO. If we are worried about short yardage or whatever I’d rather have Waddle in there or Teller or whomever. An OL is certainly a better blocking option. If the guy doesn’t provide anything in the passing game you should just run a 6th OL our there.

Good.  I like all the current Bills and I always like to have one that I can hate on.  Why not bring back an old favorite Mr. Smith to be that guy once again.  Hughes just isn't getting enough dumb penalties lately to justify it anymore and Mills is gone.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

He was good for one drive killing penalty per game. I forget, was it holding or false starts?

You are selling him WAY short.

He is a big play penalty guy..........mostly 10 and 15 yarders.

I have a feeling he will continue to work on his long snapping and hang around the NFL for another decade after teams finally have had enough of his exploits at TE.

• Haha (+1) 3