TE Lee Smith visiting Bills

Based on both this thread and the Anderson thread, I gotta say "vet presence" is really overrated. I guess it's good if you have one of those guys on both sides of the ball. NOT AT EVERY POSITION. Gore/McCoy/Morse on offense/Lorax on defense can provide leadership. That's enough. Put the best players on the roster.

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Love Hock but if hes the next Gronk he would be worth it.

No one who has watched him play has compared him to Gronk. He’s more of a Zach Ertz type.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, Doc said:

...why?  They signed Kroft and Fisher, drafted Knox and Sweeney, and already have Croom.  And he's just a blocker, which is something Fisher can do.  I don't get it.

Competition

3 hours ago, ColeB said:

Competition

He's just a blocker.  I want TE's who can block and catch.  Like Knox and Sweeney and hopefully Fisher (who being a former OT should be able to block at least).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

He's just a blocker.  I want TE's who can block and catch.  Like Knox and Sweeney and hopefully Fisher (who being a former OT should be able to block at least).

...great a one dimensional when we may have multi-dimensionals unknowingly in the fold already......SMH.........

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...was supposed to be Luck's "go to partner" from Stanford drafted by Colts, moved on to Saints and then.....poof............

Yep after Graham left he was going to be their guy...he was mixed in with a Hawai'i guy..both failed and that's tough to do with Brees as your tosser and play caller.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yep after Graham left he was going to be their guy...he was mixed in with a Hawai'i guy..both failed and that's tough to do with Brees as your tosser and play caller.

...THAT my friend is the real head scratcher......Brees lived for Graham  and the TE spot...this kid got MAJOR exposed as a "swung on and missed" addition.....it was Luck or nothin'......but then again, why didn't the Colts keep him?.....oh well....

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...THAT my friend is the real head scratcher......Brees lived for Graham  and the TE spot...this kid got MAJOR exposed as a "swung on and missed" addition.....it was Luck or nothin'......but then again, why didn't the Colts keep him?.....oh well....

Fleener suffered a really bad head concussion back in 2017 and never returned to football.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Fisher's no longer a T specifically because he couldn't block.  Knox rarely caught passes.

Fisher  should be the first "TE" to go...

Edited by Mr. WEO

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fisher's no longer a T specifically because he couldn't block.  Knox rarely caught passes.

Fisher  should be the first "TE" to go...

He couldn't block DE's one-on-one.   He won't be doing that as a TE.  I'd rather have him than Smith if they're just looking for just a blocking TE and judging by the lack of interest in Smith, it's not like they can't add him later.  But if they can sign him for the minimum and no signing bonus, like Fisher, no big deal.  Let them compete and cut whomever later.

As for Knox, he was playing with Brown, Metcalf and Lodge. 

On 5/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, Doc said:

Unless they're trying to/sign him for the vet minimum with no signing bonus.

You are secretly hoping he signs with the fins huh?

Image result for Kramer yes gif
Edited by HOUSE

20 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I would say Ertz is his floor...

High expectations there. The reason he’s compared to Ertz are his traits. He doesn’t have Gronk’s size/speed which is what makes him such a unicorn. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

no reason not to take look.

Plenty of reasons not to sign.
Have not followed him since gone from Bills
But i do wish Bills kept him. Very willing blocker. and he did catch what was thrown at him generally. just could not outrun anyone.
He could have a role in Dabolls offense. all depending on what the other Guys look like. Hopefully all that Croom koolaid we read form obd was true.

still need a lunch pail TE.