TE Lee Smith visiting Bills

20 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Well this goes with the theory that we are just loading guys into camp because we have the money to do it if they sign him. We all know he is just a big man package guy. 

You said big man package 

11 hours ago, Doc said:

...why?  They signed Kroft and Fisher, drafted Knox and Sweeney, and already have Croom.  And he's just a blocker, which is something Fisher can do.  I don't get it.

They hope he can. For the same price Smith has actually shown he CAN

He's an excellent blocker or at least he was. I heard somewhere that Sweeney had great hands, so I'm guessing he goes to the PS. We know Kroft and Knox are almost certain to make the roster and Croom is decent depth. Fischer is strictly a blocker. If Smith signs, those TE positions will be hotly contested.

I dont recall him being that bad or epically bad. He certainly was not a star, but whatever. Most of you are way overreacting and being drama queens. Just a mediocre blocking TE that will fill out some depth and push teach some of the young guys. No issues with a modest deal.

Lee Smith is a lot more mobile than most guards/tackles and will be blocking down the field for WRs/RBs when most guards/tackles would be left behind.  That is why you sign a TE like him rather than use an extra OL on play.  The question is just like with FBs will he be on enough plays to warrent a roster slot?

When he is targeted he usually catches the ball (56/66) with 7 TDs - not many guards/tackles can do that.

• Like (+1) 1