See you at the picnic chumps.

39 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I can't believe I'm going to type this sentence, but: I'd pay to watch that in person.

Yeah.  Add in a women’s league with tight fitted uniforms and they’ve got a gold mine. 

We played co-ed badminton in gym class in the 80's. There was a grandma type gym teacher for the girls... short stone gray hair, probably in her 50's and she would kick the living snot out of any male athlete that challenged her. It was insane watching her stand there like a statue making everyone run, dart, and dive all over the floor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SDS said:

It was insane watching her stand there like a statue making everyone run, dart, and dive all over the floor.

Amazing how they never seem to move, but the birdie always goes to them with minimum effort on their part.  I knew of a middle school PE teacher up here, exactly the same description and physical abilities.  EVERY gym class ran to begin PE outside in Fall and Spring, and Mrs. V. was running with every class.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

We played co-ed badminton in gym class in the 80's. There was a grandma type gym teacher for the girls... short stone gray hair, probably in her 50's and she would kick the living snot out of any male athlete that challenged her. It was insane watching her stand there like a statue making everyone run, dart, and dive all over the floor.

Thank God it was one week...usually,the next week,it was Square Dancing ,that was rough.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, SDS said:

Where I grew up in WNY we had a summer event with cookout, goldfish hunt in the pool for kids, tennis tournament for adults, etc. There were a lot of serious tennis players, and even one of the Braves who was athletic and pretty good. Our next door neighbor was a short 300 pounder who was never seen doing any kind of activity, other than running every other clown all over the court on the way to his cheap trophy each year.  

Just now, Augie said:

Where I grew up in WNY we had a summer event with cookout, goldfish hunt in the pool for kids, tennis tournament for adults, etc. There were a lot of serious tennis players, and even one of the Braves who was athletic and pretty good. Our next door neighbor was a short 300 pounder who was never seen doing any kind of activity, other than running every other clown all over the court on the way to his cheap trophy each year.  

Real goldfish?  How long before the chlorine killed them? 

Anyway... I think with badminton, the way it was invented, all you really gotta do is get Your racket on it.  LoL... That sucker will fly!

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Real goldfish?  How long before the chlorine killed them? 

Anyway... I think with badminton, the way it was invented, all you really gotta do is get Your racket on it.  LoL... That sucker will fly!

Real goldfish. You got a prize if you got the black fish. They all lived.....until you took them home. Mine lasted longer than expected, but who knew goldfish could survive on a half of a ham sandwich? 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Real goldfish. You got a prize if you got the black fish. They all lived.....until you took them home. Mine lasted longer than expected, but who knew goldfish could survive on a half of a ham sandwich? 

Does PETA know this kind of "Family fun" exists?

They won't be too happy!  LoL...