Jordan Mills to Dolphins

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

While I’m glad he’s gone, why does Dawkins get a pass because he played next to a garbage guard yet, Mills is terrible.  Mills has never had a decent guard next to him.  

Fair question but Mills was also not helping whoever was at RG all that much either.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Reader said:

He played hard for us, but clearly wasn't great, but he seemed like a good teamplayer. I wish him luck, except against us of course.

I agree.  He's a good depth guy, team player, etc.  It's not his fault that he was the best we had at the position for a long time.  With all of our signings and draft pick, we no longer need Mills, but he's a good veteran player to have on your roster.  He has starting experience and is decent in some aspects of the game.  Not a great option as a full-time starter for teams with stronger lines.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

While I’m glad he’s gone, why does Dawkins get a pass because he played next to a garbage guard yet, Mills is terrible.  Mills has never had a decent guard next to him.  

I think this is because Dawkins actually looked decent when he had a decent guard next to him, whereas Mills never has (now that could be due to him playing with crap next to him, but we have seen decent from Dawkins and not Mills)

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Reader said:

He played hard for us, but clearly wasn't great, but he seemed like a good teamplayer. I wish him luck, except against us of course.

Wasn’t there a rumor that Mills intentionally missed blocks in the Chargers game two years ago because he wanted Taylor starting at QB?

Good news for us!

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Wasn’t there a rumor that Mills intentionally missed blocks in the Chargers game two years ago because he wanted Taylor starting at QB?

I remember it being more than a rumor. Confirmed in an interview?

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

There was, but we werent sure if that was true or not as it could have been terrible. I believe one of the chargers was caught on a mic saying he didnt even touch him one play

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Fair question but Mills was also not helping whoever was at RG all that much either.

You put mills with a good coach, RG and an and he will look fine enough. Not good but serviceable. You pair him with a terrible coach, RG and erratic Qb play and he quickly looks terrible. He’s run of the mill filler quality play that will swing from non-eventful to bad depending on his situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mills isn't quite as bad as some around here would have you believe. He is a reasonable run blocker but he does struggle in pass blocking against anyone with any speed whatsoever off the edge. I have said all year he would start for someone again at RT next year but I hoped it wasn't the Bills. He is in that 30th-35th best right tackle in the NFL bracket. Always bad enough that you want to upgrade.... but never quite bad enough that any schmuck off a practice squad can be an upgrade. I give you the plethora of attempts the Bills have made - McDermott, Sirles etc without improving the position.

Without doubt his lowest moment as a Bill was when he single-handedly kept the Bills out of the end zone at the end of that game in Seattle.

That was about as bad of a series of pass blocking by a RT that I've ever seen.    Worse even than Max Lane vs. Reggie White in the SB.  

His greatest strength is durability.  I'm actually a little surprised he lasted this long but there is the whole comp pick formula thing I guess.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

There was, but we werent sure if that was true or not as it could have been terrible. I believe one of the chargers was caught on a mic saying he didnt even touch him one play

I believe it was Bosa. 

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good news for us!

I remember it being more than a rumor. Confirmed in an interview?

If so, good riddance. I can see the staff wanting to keep it quiet. I guess it says more about his level of player that you can’t tell if he was playing poorly on purpose or not.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Without doubt his lowest moment as a Bill was when he single-handedly kept the Bills out of the end zone at the end of that game in Seattle.

Hahaha. Yes. And he got beaten by the same rush move 3 snaps in a row.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You put mills with a good coach, RG and an and he will look fine enough. Not good but serviceable. You pair him with a terrible coach, RG and erratic Qb play and he quickly looks terrible. He’s run of the mill filler quality play that will swing from non-eventful to bad depending on his situation. 

Disagree - will always be last tier starter/backup unless that is your definition of "fine enough".

10 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Disagree - will always be last tier starter/backup unless that is your definition of "fine enough".

He’s backup-level , if you are sincerely trying to field a good OL

if you are rebuilding/tanking, he’s fine. 

Edited by YoloinOhio