Jordan Mills to Dolphins

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I'm curious about the $$$. Likely not much given he's signed this late in free agency. 

Seems like a lot of $$ for the 70th ranked OT according to PFF.

https://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-ot-jordan-mills-to-one-year-3m-deal/

I wish him well but am glad he is not our problem anymore.

Good luck Rosen:oops:

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mills isn't quite as bad as some around here would have you believe. He is a reasonable run blocker but he does struggle in pass blocking against anyone with any speed whatsoever off the edge. I have said all year he would start for someone again at RT next year but I hoped it wasn't the Bills. He is in that 30th-35th best right tackle in the NFL bracket. Always bad enough that you want to upgrade.... but never quite bad enough that any schmuck off a practice squad can be an upgrade. I give you the plethora of attempts the Bills have made - McDermott, Sirles etc without improving the position.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mills isn't quite as bad as some around here would have you believe. He is a reasonable run blocker but he does struggle in pass blocking against anyone with any speed whatsoever off the edge. I have said all year he would start for someone again at RT next year but I hoped it wasn't the Bills. He is in that 30th-35th best right tackle in the NFL bracket. Always bad enough that you want to upgrade.... but never quite bad enough that any schmuck off a practice squad can be an upgrade. I give you the plethora of attempts the Bills have made - McDermott, Sirles etc without improving the position.

PFF has Mills at 70th out of 80 eligable OT's.

For what its worth.

Some fins fans seem happy about this.:doh:

Shoring up the line....finally.

https://finheaven.com/threads/dolphins-sign-jordan-mills.354778/

Edited by stosh64

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Some fins fans seem happy about this.:doh:

https://finheaven.com/threads/dolphins-sign-jordan-mills.354778/

PFF has Mills at 70th out of 80 eligable OT's.

For what its worth.

Yep. I'd argue that is the bottom of his range but the 35th best right tackle (if you were to split the 70 as 35LT and 35RT) is in that range. That is exactly my point. He is one of the worst guys good enough to play. The guys who are worse than him are the backups and practice squad guys who don't get to play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah, I was going to post something similar.  We definitely upgraded but Mills isn’t that bad and he’s tough.  I won’t be thrilled with him starting again but he’s not nearly as bad as people think.

of course some fans laughed at NE for spending money on Gilmore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I was going to post something similar.  We definitely upgraded but Mills isn’t that bad and he’s tough.  I won’t be thrilled with him starting again but he’s not nearly as bad as people think.

He reminds me of Chris Kelsay or Josh Reed. Clearly good enough to survive multiple regimes and start, yet none of the fans are ever really thrilled to see him starting.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Please do not compare Mills with Gilmore.

As for Mills, comparing him to the current roster he would be the 3rd RT at best.

Let's hope Murphy is healthy this year!

• Like (+1) 2

While I’m glad he’s gone, why does Dawkins get a pass because he played next to a garbage guard yet, Mills is terrible.  Mills has never had a decent guard next to him.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Please do not compare Mills with Gilmore.

As for Mills, comparing him to the current roster he would be the 3rd RT at best.

Let's hope Murphy is healthy this year!

Trust me I know that but plenty of fans were laughing at NE for giving him that contract. 

• Like (+1) 1