Your greatest golf shot ever?

eball

45 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wow...that's pretty sweet.   Congrats.

My greatest golf shot will be my next one --- if that ever happens again!

I have an unopened bottle in my liquor cabinet.  I'm sure it's wonderful.

The one and only time I had it and it was wonderful indeed. Enjoy it! 

at a course being reconstructed for the 14th straight year they made a farce out of a par 4 hole and my drive ended up 6 inches away from the pre-fab "hole"

the other 3 were very excited and i was so grateful it didn't fall in, some day I'll hit a legit one

on my 99th shot of the day I putted uphill from 30 feet too hard and it hit the back of the cup, bounced up about 6 inches and landed right in to break 100

after announcing this was to break 100

Edited by row_33

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's awesome!!! I have never even made an eagle, let alone a double! And never had a hole in one either!

My best shot ever was prolly in a scramble in a fairly good size group of guys on a golf trip where first paid winners about $350 per head.  One of the different rules was each team member had the ability to tee from the ladies on 1 hole. 

I saved mine for the par 5 18th, from men's tee no way to carry water, but from women's tee became a 250 or so carry..and man I nailed thing so pure I cleared by a good 20 yards , and that sucker must have rolled out another 40 yds or so...which is just a pure monster drive for me! We eagled from there( used my 2nd shot too, but i missed the putt), won the trny!!!! Certainly helped we had one  in the middle short of the water!!!!

I played there once WAY back in da day..like 95 or so. Fun course!

It was a fun track. My old company always sponsored a corporate tent each year at the Kemper Open so we got to entertain clients from time to time with a round here and there. I couldn’t golf worth crap, but it was always a good time. 

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. I then spent 40 minutes looking in the long grass cause I was certain it was there. Imagine my shock when it was in the middle of the fairway. 

I planted it squarely in the pond on my approach just to balance out the universe. 

OK, this reminds me of one of the (many) things I HATE about golf: knowing you drove it right down the middle of the fairway, seeing it land out there.....then NOT being able to find it! How on earth does that happen? Guys are saying “yeah, it should be right about here”. It’s not just me. Crazy! 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I don’t play anymore but people need to understand settings and their game.  If you are a bad player playing a serious course with good golfers around you (in your own foursome or especially following you) then you should man up and let your guys know that you are there to be with them and to not try to prove that somehow you are going to be some a PGA pro for the day.  While I was never as bad as 20 yards off the tee kind of player I would pick up bad shots and play a reasonable drop to keep up with my group.  This also kept us from holding up players behind us.

it was a business tournament, but you can't just show up if you can't play, a Stableford with Scramble format.

at one hole they put up this plaque to honour John Daly.... two of the idiots scoffed at this and asked if they'd get one put up if they did the same

i refrained from saying they couldn't get to that spot with 8 shots.

• Like (+1) 1

Myrtle Beach.  I had the 'rights' bad.  Not a slice, but not finishing , the ball just went right.  Sea Trails course. The driving range

was to the right and of course I plunked one over there.  Much to my amazement and my buddy, I found the ball and since I was

still ticked off I gave it a "Happy Gilmore" whack and knocked a 200 shot to about 4 inches from the cup.  My buddy is still shaking his head about that one.

The next day we played a course that had houses adjoining  several fairways.  One house had TWO nets to protect it from wayward shots.  The netting was

TALL.  My same buddy said, "There's no way, you'll hit that house"  I not only cleared the net and hit the well guarded house but the ball bounced off that

house and hit the neighbors too.  Fortunately, no broken glass.

Been close to a  hole in one on 2 occasions.

i put it about an inch and a half on a par 3 at oak hill.  so close to a hole in one, yet so far away.

i'm one of those people that loves golf courses, the club, riding on the cart, the causal drinks, etc.  i just can't stand the game itself in any way, shape or form.

Hole-in-one, 17th hole (short par 3), at Foxtail (South Course), Rohnert Park, CA (1994) - very lucky shot.

Funniest shot - didn’t happen to me, but another guy in my foursome - was on the 5th hole at Lincoln Park (San Francisco), another par 3, longer but downhill.  My buddy grabs too much club, sends his tee-shot flying over the green, over the back-stop into the parking lot, and we hear glass shatter.  We drive the cart over, take a look - his ball went thru the driver’s window of someone’s car and was sitting on the passenger seat.  Guy looks at me and says, “Looks like a decent lie...think I can punch it outa there?”

Fun game, sometimes.  (And sometimes, not.)

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hole in one.  Hole #3, the "Diamond Course" here:

http://losttreasuregolf.com/miniature-golf-courses/kill-devil-hills-mini-golf-course/

It was such an amazing shot... I stunned the group I was with... The three & eight year old went wild!  I rounded #9 and never looked back.  Cruised to victory unlike the OBX has nevet seen before!

Kill Devil Hills, NC... A matter of fact it was this past Sunday.  Cinco de Mayo, 2019.

kill-devil-hills-mini-golf-course.jpg

I hope you bought a round of drinks for everyone!

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I've got an eagle story too.  Dan and I both lost last season's partners in our office league.  Dan wanted to pair up for the new season but when I took him aside and explained that I sneak a few tokes when I play, he cooled on the idea stating he feared potential sighting by some of our bosses that played in our league.  He didn't use that stuff, didn't really like it, and certainly wouldn't want to get caught by association.  Wasn't really a problem.  We remained work buddies and we both found other league partners.

One late afternoon he asks if I want to go play after work (non league).  Sure, why not, I could always use the practice.  After several holes of cannabis restraint I am lining up my putt.  The putt is downhill about 35 feet and bending pretty hard left.  Dan is holding the pin for me when I decide, what the hell, he knows about the pot.  So, I pull the loaded bowl out of my pocket and take 2 or 3 quick hits.  Dan laughs and shakes his head, "Ya really think that's gonna help your game?"

As you probably have figured out, I sunk the putt.  We laughed about it riding to the next hole, 125 yard par 3.  With sinking that putt, I had honors.  My 9 iron shot bounced once on the green, rolled about 6 feet, and dropped in.

Dan looks at me very seriously and says, "Bob, you know I don't like that stuff but right now, I have never been more sorely tempted in my whole life."  I am sure cannabis would not help new users but always helped my game.  I wonder how long before the senior circuit allows it
  • Like (+1) 1

Downhill par 3 at my local course.  It's listed as 114 yds but it's severely downhill to a green you can only see half of that has a ridge running through the middle of it.  Thick grass and a swale in front of the green, drops off sharply off the back with very little fringe and rough before hand, trees and OB beyond the slope off the back.  If you hit the ridge the ball will bounce over, if you hit it short you won't get a bounce up, if you hit it long at all it carries or bounces over and usually goes OB.  Anyway, it's dinky little hole but the green is difficult enough that it's hard to hit a shot with enough spin to stop but also not fly over the back.  It usually ends up as a choked down 56 degree wedge for me and it still rolls at least into the fringe at least half the time.  So I hit my first ball a little too hard and it sails into the trees OB.  Tee up another ball and land it on the correct side of the ridge and watch it roll down into the hole.  My best par of all time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt it's my best ever, but I'd call it the most satisfying.  My old boss when I was living in Boston was a member at Brookline Country Club.  He would take me out there a few times each summer.  One of the holes is completely straight with a big downslope about 250 yard from the tee.  Everything felt as good as I've ever felt as my driver connected and I knew I had a good one.  I didn't realize just how good it was though.  The ball landed right at the start of that downslope and rolled forever.  I don't remember the exact length of that hole, I want to say 450, but my ball stopped exactly at the 100 yard marker.  I've got the scorecard buried in my bag and I can look that one up later.  I've probably never come within 50 yards of that shot with any other tee shot in my life.  The best though, was probably my boss's "holy ****" remark the second I hit the ball.

I was about an inch away from having a much cooler story but it is my best shot personally....Par 4....2nd shot about 120 yards out and hit my PW absolutely as pure and clean as you could and I stuck it about a foot from the pin and it rolled about an inch away from dropping in the cup.  Would've given me my first and only Eagle.  Luckily I didn't choke on the putt and still made birdie :lol:

Some of you guys have some very impressive shots on your resume :thumbsup: