Great article on Devin Singletary

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....certainly would be nice if he eventually ended up being our Sproules, Terry Metcalf or Meggett (pre-jail).......a versatile weapon like that in Allen's arsenal would/could pay huge dividends IMO....

That's right! Dave Meggett! Pre-Jail! Ha!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Hopefully Gore will teach them both...

My thoughts as well !
and for Devin ? He can learn from masters at two different styles of running. Lets us hope he takes the best of both and makes it his own,

i too thought the pick was perhaps a reach.
since he was drafted and i learn more, the more he grows on me.

Sure like what beanes and McD are doing both with finding talented , and heart of a warrior type of players.

I see the college workload as "cool, so he got a lot of reps and development in before being able to have a light learning year with us".  Going to be an absolute stud starter next year when he graduates from sharing the #3 RB spot to the starter.

People complain about Knox's lack of production but then complain this kid did too much...

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, Woodman19 said:

People get too caught up on needs that it distorts the bigger picture.  It's better to have a great player in a position with depth than just another guy in a position of need.

On the flip side, you can also argue on the use of such a player if he cannot get on the field. 

Good pick to develop for the future.  The only issue is that typically RBs don't need to sit and watch for a season.  They are usually the most prepared for the NFL.  Devin may not get the necessary carries in the fall

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

On the flip side, you can also argue on the use of such a player if he cannot get on the field. 

Good pick to develop for the future.  The only issue is that typically RBs don't need to sit and watch for a season.  They are usually the most prepared for the NFL.  Devin may not get the necessary carries in the fall

But then again maybe he does. It's not like we have two 25 year olds ahead of him.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Rocket94 said:

I would not discount Frank Gore because of his age. That man is in shape and invests in himself. Some men can defy age for awhile!

...guy STILL looks ripped.....somebody posted a pic here and could not believe it...

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, Rocket94 said:

I would not discount Frank Gore because of his age. That man is in shape and invests in himself. Some men can defy age for awhile!

...the Deadskins signed AD (albeit 3 years younger) to a one year vet minimum deal ($1.015 mil) and he put up 1,042 yds rushing....