Great article on Devin Singletary

There's been a lot of speculation over this pick so far.

Gore and Shady won't take a lot of snaps in preseason but we should see a lot of this young man.

Can't wait to see how he plays as a Buffalo Bill.

Good Luck Devin!

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

Given the 700+ carries in college, it'll be interesting to see how much he gets to tote the rock in preseason.

I believe Beane said this regarding his 700+ carries in college..."yeah, but he never got tackled". 

I would worry less about carries, than I would hits. Running Backs run...all year long. Up hill/ cross country/ treadmill...its what they do. He'll be fine as far as stamina goes

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I believe Beane said this regarding his 700+ carries in college..."yeah, but he never got tackled". 

1.)  Fell down purposely before the tackle, ala Orton?

2.). Ran out of bounds?

??

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Effing autotext...?
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good read. The Greg Bryant story is truly sad. As a ND fan, was a huge recruit we grabbed and everyone was really excited to see what a beast he was going to be, but he never could stay out of trouble it seemed. Had some inner demons that sadly caught up to him. Never seemed like a bad person, but just made a lot of bad choices. RIP #1. Cool to see Motor can carry on for him and his family.

I loved our first 2 picks in the draft and this pick is really starting to grow on me. Hopefully with all those carries in college, he will not see as many this year. Just do well enough to provide a breather to our 2 older backs and then take over in 2020. He'll have a year of learning behind 2 potential HOF'ers and acclimate to the NFL with out to much wear and tear as a rookie. Process guys, process. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Thanks for posting this!! I was certainly in the minority when it came to this pick but I really liked it. Singletary is a special player and seems to be a really good kid. It’s going to be exciting to watch him when he gets his turn.

I disagree that your view on this pick was a minority view. It was a prevailing view that another back was needed to be added to the mix. Most people probably thought the pick would come at a lower spot. When I watch his clips I think of Darren Sproles. Not from a running style standpoint but from the standpoint that their smallish statures bely their toughness. What I really like about him is his vision and running instincts, traits that Spiller never had. My biggest concern about his running style is that in the pros he is not going to be able to dance around so much behind the line of scrimmage. He needs to tap that inclination down. I'm not sure that McCoy is the one to teach him that. 

What always amazes me is the amount of tragedy these kids have faced in their hometown. It's so sad. 

Side note: Why did Canisius's Molson decide to transfer to Seton Hall? Coaching issue or a desire to play at a higher level? He was one of their best players. The loss of both Reece and him are big losses. 

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My biggest concern about his running style is that in the pros he is not going to be able to dance around so much behind the line of scrimmage. He needs to tap that inclination down. I'm not sure that McCoy is the one to teach him that.

Hopefully Gore will teach them both...

Good story thanks for posting. His high school is 5 minutes from my house. I'm more of a St Thomas Aquinas fan though. Tons of talent in South Florida. I liked the pick and am big fan now.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:38 PM, Wagon Circler said:

Given the 700+ carries in college, it'll be interesting to see how much he gets to tote the rock in preseason.

Having just been drafted out of college, the kid has a LOT of gas left in the tank. I wouldn’t worry about that. 

I would be more concerned with him not transitioning well to the nfl. 

But him getting too many carries in college? Please. 

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

Good story thanks for posting. His high school is 5 minutes from my house. I'm more of a St Thomas Aquinas fan though. Tons of talent in South Florida. I liked the pick and am big fan now.

I went to St Thomas Aquinas....... grammar school in South Buffalo.

Edited by Turk71

To anyone who is worried about 700 college carries, I’d ask this......

Are you one of the ones who say RBs are a dime a dozen, and you should never pay big $ for a RB? If so, who cares if he had 700 carries?  If you feel this way, then don’t we only need him for 4 seasons, not 10?

Edited by billsfan5121

On 5/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Good stuff! Thanks!

On 5/9/2019 at 3:38 PM, Wagon Circler said:

Yes! But the highlight films make it appear that he was seldom touched!