In the wake of Ziggy to Seattle - What does Beane do now?

On 5/9/2019 at 9:48 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I would love to see them blitz more, but it's not McDermott's(and to a greater extent Frazier's) M.O. They will likely continue to rely on the front four to get pressure, which is why I'd like to see them go after Clowney. We were near the bottom of the league in sacks last season, and while Oliver will help, is it enough? Pass rush is the most important defensive category. If we're gonna allocate resources to a big money defensive player, I want a guy who gets sacks.

I keep seeing Clowney mentioned to improve pass rush but from my understanding he was the #1 DE  run stopping but not an elite pass rusher. 

Frank Clark to me was the better pass rusher and Beane didnt pony up to trade for him, I doubt he trades for Clowney who to me would cost more in a trade because of age.

31 minutes ago, DJB said:

I keep seeing Clowney mentioned to improve pass rush but from my understanding he was the #1 DE  run stopping but not an elite pass rusher. 

Frank Clark to me was the better pass rusher and Beane didnt pony up to trade for him, I doubt he trades for Clowney who to me would cost more in a trade because of age.

Frank Clark would have been ideal. I believe that Clowney would fit in well here, but a 1st round pick in return? Someone mentioned earlier that maybe another player will surface after cuts or will be system expendable. We need someone to get sacks and compliment Oliver.

Edited by Rocket94

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Danny Shelton is on that list.

Yes. He is definitely one of the uninspiring names.  He could be a situational/depth DT in the league.  I wouldn’t want to depend on him to be a starter though. 

Edited by BarleyNY