In the wake of Ziggy to Seattle - What does Beane do now?

10 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

I knew this wasn't going to happen...he used the Bills as leverage as usual, he was never going to come here.

That's a shame.

Not worth the risk IMO with his shoulder still banged up and it's been reported he will most likely miss at least the 1st month of the season. So I think they maybe found out more about the injury and decided to take a pass.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

I say take a shot at Shane Ray. He's had some wrist surgeries but if he is recovered could be a steal on a low risk low dollar contract

This is where I am at too. At the very least he gives you some serious speed off the edge in wide nine and nickel situations. . 

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think we stand pat and kick shaq inside with oliver on passing downs. play murphy / lorax / love and the rookie d. johnson to rush the passer. we will be fine.

we need to blitz more. seems like every single time we did last year, we got a sack.

I agree, Leslie & Sean must create more hurries and knockdowns. Just have to go Lorax and Jerry on the outside.  I don't have alot of faith in Lawson or Murphy's production. Oliver, Star and a Phillips rotation will create a nice push of the pocket. Next year we might be drafting 2 DE's....

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

A lot of these guys have injury histories and other recurring problems. Does that include Dion Jordan as Well? Probably not worth a look?

If you are a free agent this time of year you have flaws. I would take a look at Shane Ray as a 4th DE. But I think Ben Watson becomes the primary target for Beane at this stage. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is where I am at too. At the very least he gives you some serious speed off the edge in wide nine and nickel situations. . 

maybe another Jerry Hughes type of situation also

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

If you are a free agent this time of year you have flaws. I would take a look at Shane Ray as a 4th DE. But I think Ben Watson becomes the primary target for Beane at this stage. 

not at 38, besides he's in ne and will probably go to them.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/available/

Here is a list of unsigned FAs.  It is very uninspiring after the first 4 names - and they don’t seem like fits for the Bills. 

thanks for changing my community score and not leaving me stuck on that number!  uggh

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Doesn’t make a ton of sense, he’s only going to take snaps away from our younger guys the Phillips’ and Oliver. Not to mention he only shows up 3-4 games a year 

That's a fair point, but those might be 3 or 4 important games....

i'm glad we didn't get him. it's obvious he wanted to, not just be a rotational player and he got an incentive laden contract. good for him and glad we didn't pi$$ money away there.

i am confident in who we have. we may as well let lorax enjoy a career year.  i think we'll get double digits from hughes and murphy....probably7-8 from lorax.

i'm hoping j. phillipps along with shaq , harry and oliver can pitch in for a dozen. maybe we get a couple from eddie, milano and tremaine.

i also hope we blitz more.  i like mike love and this rookie they drafted late (d. johnson) could turn into a pass rushing machine. i'm expecting 40+ sacks.

i love what they did in the draft...except i would have probably done different in the 3rd rd. (jaylon ferguson), but i trust these guys. i haven't been this excited in years.

i'm just now on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the starting 5 on the oline looks like.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I absolutely hope not. Guy is 38 about to be 39. A few QB's last that long but I would definitely steer clear of a TE at that age. See what the younger TE's have and if for some reason they don't pan out, you can most likely find a way to get another TE that's not ancient (in football years that is). Waste of a roster spot IMO.

Think they will probably stick with what they have for now unless they make some kind of trade, or after some players start to get cut for the DE position.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I’d say there’s three “types” of options.

1. The big Splash- Go after Clowney. I don’t think they’d use a 1st, but they’d do something around a 2nd + Lawson or something like that.

*Chance of Happening* = 10%

2. Current UFA- go after one of the flawed guys available. Michael Johnson, Shane Ray, etc. 

*Chance of Happening* = 40%

3. Wait for Cuts- between June and August there will be some decent players cut. Whether for age, cap space, or not a fit with a new coaching staff, good players get cut almost every off-season. 

*Chance of Happening* = 50%

Edited by Dkollidas