“Retired” TE Ben Watson considering Bills among other teams,****SIGNED WITH PATS

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's 38. If was thinking of coming back, of course he was taking something.

He'll appeal. That will delay his suspension. After, Watson smashes his phone and Krafty Bob makes a few calls.

His Facebook post made it seem like he was accepting it.

19 hours ago, Doc said:

How plausible is it that a player retires and then gets tested? I stand by what I said earlier, I.e. that he probably has been juicing all along and finally got caught. 

I can't imagine they test you when you are officially retired.  My guess is he had not submitted his documents yet...

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Well, the policy continues to test and considers a no show a positive. It does so to avoid exactly this type of situation being a workaround.

For a guy his age to end the season injured and retire, to start a treatment and then when feeling better to have the itch to play again doesn’t seem crazy to me. What part of that doesn’t seem plausible to you? 

The dudes on the NFLPA’s Executive Committee, so he knows the rule and very much that he’d still be tested this offseason. I wasn’t going to play and then I decided to play seems pretty feasible. 

Again he would not have taken the test if he truly retired.   And how, if you’re a no-show, do you test positive for testosterone?

As for being on the executive committee, that means nothing. I work an surgeon who is a great guy and is on the medical advisory board and who should know that he needs to show up on time for the first case of the day, but he never does.  

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again he would not have taken the test if he truly retired.   And how, if you’re a no-show, do you test positive for testosterone?

As for being on the executive committee, that means nothing. I work an surgeon who is a great guy and is on the medical advisory board and who should know that he needs to show up on time for the first case of the day, but he never does.  

I was pointing out that it’s very possible that after treatment and a few weeks rest a mid-30s tight end might feel better than he expected and decide to take the test knowing that if he doesn’t it’s a fail.

its also possible he’s gaming the system but this particular player has been pretty excellent dude in the past. This would be more akin to if Kyle Williams changed his mind and got popped than if shawne merriman did is, roughly speaking, my point.