“Retired” TE Ben Watson considering Bills among other teams,****SIGNED WITH PATS

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think he would switch position to RB in Buffalo.  We need to keep the average age up after the draft! 

can he run to the sidelines the first 2 plays and then disappear for most of the rest of the game?

4 hours ago, Pete said:

42 on the Wonderlic and he still has wheels.  TE is already overfilled right now.  Edge is what we really need

I don't believe Ben Watson is the guy we need...but we definitely need a TE.

We don't have one legitimate, proven TE on this roster that ANY defense would be worried about covering. Tyler Kroft, Jake Fisher, Jason Croom, Dawson Knox, and Tommy Sweeney? Nobody besides Bills fans even know who they are. The five of them have a combined 91 receptions for 963 yards.

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm a big old optimistic homer, but I don't understand why the Bills would have any interest in this dude.

Kroft, Knox, Croom, Sweeney, Fisher. That's plenty.

that's 2 eras where the Pats exploited the TE position and the Bills didn't notice at all

6 hours ago, ******* said:

Former Saints’ TE Benjamin Watson, who had intended to retire, is in New England today visiting with the Patriots, per source. Watson also is considering the Chiefs, Bills and 49ers. His retirement didn’t last long.

that is exactly what the Bills need. A retired TE is an upgrade. lol........

Maybe they can bring "end zone two stepper" Robert Royal in for depth.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

This.  He's never been more than a #2 TE, even in his prime, which has long since passed.

He's amassed 1750 (30%) of his career total of 5885 yards in the last 3 years alone, along with 12 TDs.

That's more gas in the tank than any TE on this team (forget this roster) has shown in a decade or more.   He would walk through the door and be the #1 on this roster right now.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm a big old optimistic homer, but I don't understand why the Bills would have any interest in this dude.

Re-read your post. The answer is right there. All of those guys are extremely young - he is a seasoned vet that can show them the ropes as a mentor and be another great locker room presence.

I would love this signing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Plenty of...what?  2 are rookies (1 might make the team), 1 is a 2nd round bust at T who has never had an NFL pass thrown at him.  The other 2 are barely TE 2 or 3's.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's amassed 1750 (30%) of his career total of 5885 yards in the last 3 years alone, along with 12 TDs.

That's more gas in the tank than any TE on this team (forget this roster) has shown in a decade or more.   He would walk through the door and be the #1 on this roster right now.

Almost half those yards were from his last season with the Saints, 3 years ago.  Over the past 2 seasons he's amassed 922 yards and 6 TD's, and had 400 and 2 last year. 

Suffice it to say that at 38 years old his prime is in the rear view mirror.  And his prime was never that prime.