D&C's Maiorana Projects The Final 53

Nearly the same as mine except he keeps 3 QB, i keep Bodine over Feliciano, and he adds a couple of throw ins at DE and LB that I dont think are currently on the team.

And I gave you mine for free!!!! 

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I expect Beane to be active in signing 2-3 cap casualties and one-year "prove it" FAs to round out the roster.   So the 53 is still fluid in my mind...

Guys on the bubble would be DiMarco, Fisher, Yarbrough, Harold. 

Im with you. Yarborough and Harold are just placeholders. It will come down to Fisher and the 7th round guy for the 4th TE. I would cut DiMarco and keep an extra DB but I don't think McDermott will.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

No.....I pay for the subscription because it costs 33 CENTS a month.  Then I come here and find all of my info.  If some of that info leads me there, I can still read it.  

They obviously need the money to stay afloat.  If you’ve never read their articles in the past, then I wouldn’t pay for it.  I’ve always read their articles, so paying 33 CENTS a month to support a local paper makes a lot of CENTS.  33 CENTS a month to be exact.

Whats a paper? ?

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...did not know the link required a subscription....sincerely apologize.........

Quarterbacks (3)

Depth chart: Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Derek Anderson

Running backs (5)

Depth chart: LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, T.J. Yeldon, Devin Singletary, Patrick DiMarco

Wide receivers (6)

Depth chart: John Brown, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Andre Roberts, Duke Williams

Tight ends (4)

Depth chart: Tyler Kroft, Jason Croom, Dawson Knox, Jake Fisher

Offensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Dion Dawkins, Mitch Morse, Cody Ford, Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe, Spencer Long, Wyatt Teller

Defensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Ed Oliver, Stat Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Eddie Yarbrough

Linebackers (6)

Depth chart: Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano, Lorenzo Alexander, Vosean Joseph, Maurice Alexander, Eli Harold

Defensive backfield (10)

Depth chart: Tre’Davious White, Kevin Johnson, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, E.J. Gaines, Taron Johnson, Rafael Bush, Levi Wallace, Jaquan Johnson, Siran Neal

Special teams (3)

Depth chart: Stephen Hauschka, Corey Bojorquez, Reid Ferguson

One or two UDFA always make the team.  Picking who is like picking the upset in March Madness.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Thanks for posting. Really not much info there - so not worth paying to read:)

Just for comparison here is my prediction from 10 days ago (new guys are in bold)

QB (3): Allen, Barkley, Jackson or Anderson

RB (5? McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, Murphy

WR (7): Brown, Foster, Jones, Beasley, D. Williams, McKenzie, Roberts

TE (3): Kroft, Knox, Croom

OL (9): Morse, Ford, Dawkins, Nsekhe, Long, Spain, Teller, Feliciano, Waddle

DE (4): Murphy, Lawson, Hughes, Yarbrough or D. Johnson

DL (4): Phillips, Phillips, Oliver, Lotuleilei

LB (6): Edmunds, Milano, Stanford, Joseph, Lorax, Lacey

CB (5): T. White, K. Johnson, T. Johnson, L. Wallace, EJ Gaines

S (4): Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Bush

ST (3): Bojorquez (P), Haushka (K), Ferguson (LS)

I have Murphy - he has DiMarco (Murphy can contribute on ST can DiMarco do that?)

I have an extra WR (McKenzie), he has an extra TE (Fisher) - Again McKenzie contributes on ST - Can Fisher do that? That said I do like the Fisher signing (which happened after my mock 53). But Fisher has to beat out Croom (Pegs' daughter's BF) to make it if he cant contribute on ST or there has to be an injury.

I have an extra lineman (Waddle) and he has an extra DB (Neal). I was in two minds about that and I agree a case can be made to keep Neal over the 9th lineman.

Bottomline - I do not think the fortunes of the team will be significantly altered if we had DiMarco, Fisher  and Neal over Murphy, MacKenzie and Waddle. Our guess for these 3 spots is as good as these media guys.

Please - this is not a diss on Sal Maiorana - who I have enjoyed reading for nearly 3 decades and who is very underappreciated relative to TBN writers. But he would be the first to tell you that 49-50 of the spots are already set in the 53 this year - so there is no major bombshell. There will be no major TC battle in the offing for a spot on the roster. Now starter battles, on the other hand, is a different animal this year. While the Defense appears to be set (except for the 2nd CB spot), the WR, TE and OL starter spots are there for the taking.

I'm more on board with this roster than D&C's.  I think Bills will go with 3 tight ends, 7 receivers since Roberts is more ST.  I think Jackson over Anderson at QB (Derek will take on more of a coaching role).  I don't think DeMarco makes it this year.  I'll take Sills over McKenzie (my predicted UDFA that makes team).  The other is I think Cam Lewis will make it over EJ Gaines (2nd time around won't be so kind to EJ)

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

One or two UDFA always make the team.  Picking who is like picking the upset in March Madness.

I'm more on board with this roster than D&C's.  I think Bills will go with 3 tight ends, 7 receivers since Roberts is more ST.  I think Jackson over Anderson at QB (Derek will take on more of a coaching role).  I don't think DeMarco makes it this year.  I'll take Sills over McKenzie (my predicted UDFA that makes team).  The other is I think Cam Lewis will make it over EJ Gaines (2nd time around won't be so kind to EJ)

Is there ever a season where this (or the old BBMB) board thinks that the team will keep one or two more WRs then they actually do? 

1 hour ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

It's a decent first draft of the roster. Mine only differs in 5 ways:

1. No need for Anderson as the third QB. Add Stanford as a backup MLB.

2. No need for 4 TE's. Cut Fisher and add Waddle as a ninth OL.

3. Replace Yeldon with Perry.

4. Replace Croom with Sweeney.

5. Replace Yarbrough with Darryl Johnson.

Senorise Perry over TJ Yeldon? Lol, no thanks.

Stanford was awful, Joseph can take his spot.

Croom is the best receiving TE on this roster, and the only one with real speed...cutting him is an awful idea.

EDIT:If Tyree Jackson gets cut, you're not sneaking him onto the practice squad...some team will take that kid and stash him on their roster.

Edited by JustWinPlease

....brand new crap for anything digital...I have regular subscription.....again, apologize for inconvenience..........

Some D&C online content marked 'For Subscribers'

I'm proud to announce then, that starting Wednesday, May 8, DemocratandChronicle.com is designating a substantial fraction of our content as "For Subscribers."

Only our full-access and digital-only subscribers will be able to read these stories, see these photo galleries or watch these videos.

4 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

People just need to stop posting links to sites that need subscriptions. If you pay for a subscription aren't you checking it daily or weekly anyway? Why post it here

Hey folks, it's all good - in this case neither the OP (nor I) were aware of a brand-new as of yesterday D&C digital policy ringfencing some content for "subscribers only", so he genuinely didn't know it would need a subscription - he's a D&C print subscriber so he didn't, we just looked up their new policy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Croom is the best receiving TE on this roster, and the only one with real speed...cutting him is an awful idea.

EDIT:If Tyree Jackson gets cut, you're not sneaking him onto the practice squad...some team will take that kid and stash him on their roster.

Perry has a lot of value as a special teamer, while Yeldon is a 2nd round draft pick bust that the Jags and everyone else in the NFL didn't rush to sign.

I wouldn't say Stanford was awful. He was mediocre and could potentially be upgraded with summer cuts from other NFL teams. But at the moment, no one on the roster is more capable backing up Edmunds than him. Joseph is a smallish, 6'1" 230 lb Will/Sam outside linebacker.

Croom is unbelievably overrated among Bills fans and is probably a borderline roster cut in the eyes of the coaching staff right now. He's likely competing with Sweeney and Fisher for TE spots #3-5. 

No one bothered to draft Jackson in the 7th round, yet you come across as so confident that he makes an NFL roster somewhere?

37 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Since no one wasted a 7th on him, why will a team rush to sign a player that will have zero knowledge of the playbook?