D&C's Maiorana Projects The Final 53

Here's what the Bills' 53-man roster could look like in Week 1 against the Jets

Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 3:31 a.m. ET May 9, 2019

ORCHARD PARK – Last summer when the Buffalo Bills pulled into training camp at St. John Fisher College, all eyes were on the quarterback competition, specifically how rookie first-round draft pick Josh Allen was performing.

When the Bills return in late July for their 20th visit to Pittsford, eyes will be spread all around the practice fields because with all the off-season additions to the roster, there will be several competitions unfolding, a few of which could be fascinating.

Between now and then there will be a rookie mini-camp, organized team activities, and a mandatory mini-camp that will help coach Sean McDermott and his staff get to know all of these new players, reconnect with returning players, and develop a plan leading into the Fisher sessions, which will be critical when it comes time to picking the 53-man roster.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/05/09/buffalo-bills-53-man-roster-projection-shows-several-new-starters/3654878002/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

This content is only available to subscribers.
99¢ per month for 3 months. Save 90%.
Your subscription supports:

Investigative reporting that keeps citizens in charge of our democracy

Expert coverage about Rochester food and drink scene

Unparalleled high school sports and Buffalo Bills reporting

Daily newsletter with top news to know

Mobile apps including immersive storytelling

2 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:
This content is only available to subscribers.
99¢ per month for 3 months. Save 90%.
Your subscription supports:

Investigative reporting that keeps citizens in charge of our democracy

Expert coverage about Rochester food and drink scene

Unparalleled high school sports and Buffalo Bills reporting

Daily newsletter with top news to know

Mobile apps including immersive storytelling

I really think that if we have to pay for reading then they should have to pay for advertising here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Here's what the Bills' 53-man roster could look like in Week 1 against the Jets

Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 3:31 a.m. ET May 9, 2019

ORCHARD PARK – Last summer when the Buffalo Bills pulled into training camp at St. John Fisher College, all eyes were on the quarterback competition, specifically how rookie first-round draft pick Josh Allen was performing.

When the Bills return in late July for their 20th visit to Pittsford, eyes will be spread all around the practice fields because with all the off-season additions to the roster, there will be several competitions unfolding, a few of which could be fascinating.

Between now and then there will be a rookie mini-camp, organized team activities, and a mandatory mini-camp that will help coach Sean McDermott and his staff get to know all of these new players, reconnect with returning players, and develop a plan leading into the Fisher sessions, which will be critical when it comes time to picking the 53-man roster.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/05/09/buffalo-bills-53-man-roster-projection-shows-several-new-starters/3654878002/

Inquiring (cheepassed) minds want to know 

Was Zay on the list? 

35 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Same here, not paying for that.  Oh...and our opinions here have as much merit and probability of being right as his.  Too many variables to start this stuff now.

Exactly. His guess is as good as any of ours. It's like paying to see someone's mock draft.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I really think that if we have to pay for reading then they should have to pay for advertising here.

People just need to stop posting links to sites that need subscriptions. If you pay for a subscription aren't you checking it daily or weekly anyway? Why post it here

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Inquiring (cheepassed) minds want to know 

Was Zay on the list? 

Why yes he was......

Overall the list is reasonable.  OL is the largest question.  He has Ford at RT which makes sense but my guess is they start him at G.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...did not know the link required a subscription....sincerely apologize.........

Quarterbacks (3)

Depth chart: Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Derek Anderson

Running backs (5)

Depth chart: LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, T.J. Yeldon, Devin Singletary, Patrick DiMarco

Wide receivers (6)

Depth chart: John Brown, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Andre Roberts, Duke Williams

Tight ends (4)

Depth chart: Tyler Kroft, Jason Croom, Dawson Knox, Jake Fisher

Offensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Dion Dawkins, Mitch Morse, Cody Ford, Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe, Spencer Long, Wyatt Teller

Defensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Ed Oliver, Stat Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Eddie Yarbrough

Linebackers (6)

Depth chart: Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano, Lorenzo Alexander, Vosean Joseph, Maurice Alexander, Eli Harold

Defensive backfield (10)

Depth chart: Tre’Davious White, Kevin Johnson, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, E.J. Gaines, Taron Johnson, Rafael Bush, Levi Wallace, Jaquan Johnson, Siran Neal

Special teams (3)

Depth chart: Stephen Hauschka, Corey Bojorquez, Reid Ferguson

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...did not know the link required a subscription....sincerely apologize.........

Quarterbacks (3)

Depth chart: Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Derek Anderson

Running backs (5)

Depth chart: LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, T.J. Yeldon, Devin Singletary, Patrick DiMarco

Wide receivers (6)

Depth chart: John Brown, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Andre Roberts, Duke Williams

Tight ends (4)

Depth chart: Tyler Kroft, Jason Croom, Dawson Knox, Jake Fisher

Offensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Dion Dawkins, Mitch Morse, Cody Ford, Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe, Spencer Long, Wyatt Teller

Defensive linemen (8)

Depth chart: Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Ed Oliver, Stat Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Eddie Yarbrough

Linebackers (6)

Depth chart: Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano, Lorenzo Alexander, Vosean Joseph, Maurice Alexander, Eli Harold

Defensive backfield (10)

Depth chart: Tre’Davious White, Kevin Johnson, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, E.J. Gaines, Taron Johnson, Rafael Bush, Levi Wallace, Jaquan Johnson, Siran Neal

Special teams (3)

Depth chart: Stephen Hauschka, Corey Bojorquez, Reid Ferguson

I think its a good place to start. I'd prefer Derek Anderson not to make the team and another WR who shows promise. 4 TEs seem like a lot too....would have to see a lot out of Croom/Fisher for them to both make it. 

Call me crazy, but I think we will carry 5 TEs this year,  and cut DiMarco

Kroft

Knox

Sweeney

Croom (could play wide at times)

Fisher (if he has realiable hands, he could be very useful)

all make the team.

I think it gives Daboll more options on offense this way.

I count about 43 locks to make it, from Sal's list the ones that are not locks:

FB - Dimarco

WR - Duke Williams

TE - Fisher

G - Teller

DL - Yarborough

LB - Alexander (though he's close because of ST)

LB - Harold

DB - J. Johnson

DB - Neal

P - Bojorquez

I think either Fisher or Dimarco make it not both and J. Johnson and Neal could both make it but at least one will. If Carter's ACL is healed the punting competition could be pretty good. 

I think they keep 6 WRs

If either Dimarco or Fisher do not make it I think they keep 9 OL and use 1 as the extra blocking TE (Waddle?) - that would give them 5 interior and 4 OTs

I do think they keep Neal and J. Johnson

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

People just need to stop posting links to sites that need subscriptions. If you pay for a subscription aren't you checking it daily or weekly anyway? Why post it here

No, I’m not checking it daily. It costs 99 CENTS for 3 months.  4 dollars a year.  Come on.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No, I’m not checking it daily. It costs 99 CENTS for 3 months.  4 dollars a year.  Come on.  

So you pay for a subscription then come here to find articles to the website that you pay for? Peculiar. 

36 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Isn't a cut & paste of subscription based content, a board no no?

I have a subscription and was logged in when I posted the link.....did not realize it would ask others to subscribe......it was an UNINTENDED error.........

• Like (+1) 1