Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Logic

Seahawks sign Ansah

Recommended Posts

Just now, transient said:

It is still murky.  I am sorry, I speak English, and not up on all the latest slang

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I won't completely know how I feel about this until the numbers are out, but I really like the idea of the Bills having $25mil in cap space to roll over anyway.  If it stays that way, that would give them a lot of flexibility in FA next year..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#trusting the process. Clearly there was a reason we didn’t snap him up before the Hawks, serious enough health concerns to be ok with passing on him. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

.

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

 

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

 

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
  • Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

.

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.


Seems like that would have been a worthwhile investment for Buffalo, my feelings about Ansah notwithstanding.

On the other hand, it's not always just about money. Maybe Ziggy felt the Seahawks offered a better path to playing time. Maybe he got along better with their coaching staff. Maybe he prefers fresh seafood to buffalo wings. Who knows.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

Nope that was the 7th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pete said:

It is still murky.  I am sorry, I speak English, and not up on all the latest slang

 

A new one is these youngsters repeat words at the end of the sentence according to my daughter...

 

They don't just say for example, "Oh he's mad". Instead they'll say, " Oh he MAD mad"... i guess like REALLY mad... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills failed to upgrade their pass rush from their DE's.  Let's hope Shaq or Murphy step up their game.  Maybe the addition of Oliver helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

 

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

 

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

 

I liked Murphy before his injuries but he was never a better player than Ansah.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, this doesn't bother me at all. I think we'll be just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That’s a sack inflated system. He could get 10-15 sacks and cash in big if he can stay healthy.

i want a sack inflated system.  how do i get that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hopefully everyone stays healthy.... if Hughes goes down they'll be pretty damn bad at the edge position. 

 

And what was Beane getting so mad about? I guess that one source was right.😅

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

i want a sack inflated system.  how do i get that?

 

*insert testicular joke here*

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

i want a sack inflated system.  how do i get that?

 

Tom Brady had some intel on that, but he "accidentally" threw his phone in a toilet... it's a travesty. 

7 minutes ago, scribo said:

 

 

Anyone remember how pissed this board got when Shaq pretty much was useless his whole first year, due to a... wait for it... wait for it... shoulder injury? And you all wanted Ansah on a 1-year? Those who did either have really short memories, are newbz to the board, or a straight up trolls. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Color me happy. A one year “prove your health” deal would have made sense last year. This time around it does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

 

Tom Brady had some intel on that, but he "accidentally" threw his phone in a toilet... it's a travesty. 

 

Anyone remember how pissed this board got when Shaq pretty much was useless his whole first year, due to a... wait for it... wait for it... shoulder injury? And you all wanted Ansah on a 1-year? Those who did either have really short memories, are newbz to the board, or a straight up trolls. 

Completely different situation. 

 

Ziggy isnt our first round draft picks , he is essentially depth and an added piece to a lacking DE rotation. What's the downside? Cap space that they have plenty of and maybe they wait a month or so for him to play? 

 

The upside outweighs the downside big time. 

 

Not a huge deal but would've been nice to have this guy and hopefully it wasn't a case of them being conservative with all that cap space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Completely different situation. 

 

Ziggy isnt our first round draft picks , he is essentially depth and an added piece to a lacking DE rotation. What's the downside? Cap space that they have plenty of and maybe they wait a month or so for him to play? 

 

The upside outweighs the downside big time. 

 

Not a huge deal but would've been nice to have this guy and hopefully it wasn't a case of them being conservative with all that cap space. 

 

You're right about the context being different, but the face of it (i.e. Bills fans complaining about a DE with an injured shoulder that we spent resources on), I would argue, is the same. 

 

I mean, I'm just saying that we shouldn't complain about not getting Ansah because we've been through a similar situation before with a player we invested in. Ansah may not be the answer, here or in Seattle. Time will tell, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Logic said:

 

Bills did nothing but sign mediocre free agents,  other than the center there was really nothing to get excited about.  You win games in this league because of match ups and having guys who can make huge plays.  I don't see any of that and their draft was not much better other than first round pick, i thought with our record we really need to sign 2-3 big time players.  The DE Murphy who Beane signed last season is a classic example of the types of players Beane is bringing to Buffalo.  Guys who come here because they don't have many other options.  

  • Meh 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

 

You're right about the context being different, but the face of it (i.e. Bills fans complaining about a DE with an injured shoulder that we spent resources on), I would argue, is the same. 

 

I mean, I'm just saying that we shouldn't complain about not getting Ansah because we've been through a similar situation before with a player we invested in. Ansah may not be the answer, here or in Seattle. Time will tell, though. 

Answer to what? 

 

Ziggy is a good pass rusher who typically doesn't stay healthy, but while he's healthy he is productive. 

 

Again, if it's about money I would've paid him a little more than what Seattle paid him simply because we have loads of cap and if nothing else the guy will help a lot where this team lacks in rushing the passer. 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bills did nothing but sign mediocre free agents,  other than the center there was really nothing to get excited about.  You win games in this league because of match ups and having guys who can make huge plays.  I don't see any of that and their draft was not much better other than first round pick, i thought with our record we really need to sign 2-3 big time players.  The DE Murphy who Beane signed last season is a classic example of the types of players Beane is bringing to Buffalo.  Guys who come here because they don't have many other options.  

I agree for the most part. 

 

I think they are signing mediocre FAs because they want to build mostly through the draft. But I was hoping they would sprinkle in at least some very talented FAs.... they seem to be a very conservative group when it comes to FA spending. 

 

This year will depend upon Allen.... and I don't think they did enough to help him. 

 

Edited by ScottLaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Answer to what? 

 

Ziggy is a good pass rusher who typically doesn't stay healthy, but while he's healthy he is productive. 

 

Again, if it's about money I would've paid him a little more than what Seattle paid him simply because we have loads of cap and if nothing else the guy will help a lot where this team lacks in rushing the passer. 

 

 

Doubt it was about $$. My educated guess is they maybe found out more about his bum shoulder and decided to pass. Which I agree with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...