Seahawks sign Ansah

12 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That’s a sack inflated system. He could get 10-15 sacks and cash in big if he can stay healthy.

Yeah, I got to give a little bit of credit to One Bills Live, yesterday.

Before their broadcast I thought we we sure to get Ziggy.  After listening to their explanations for about 10 minutes (long before the thought of losing him came up), I thought to myself "Why in the world would he sign here?"  It just seemed like the possibility of a future pay day was better in Seattle's non-rotational (I know, I know, but you know what I mean), and less crowded system.

2 hours ago, VADC Bills said:

I totally agree. Beane has not demonstrated he can close the deal on any type of player beyond mediocre without over paying.

I am a Murphy fan and I believe he can get you 8-10 sacks when healthy. With that being said I will still be excited as I am always at the beginning of the season. Waiting to see the rookies.

That’s why it is important to build through the draft, as Beane has stated before.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, VADC Bills said:

I totally agree. Beane has not demonstrated he can close the deal on any type of player beyond mediocre without over paying.

I am a Murphy fan and I believe he can get you 8-10 sacks when healthy. With that being said I will still be excited as I am always at the beginning of the season. Waiting to see the rookies.

It's hard to attract players to a frozen tundra devoid of night life when the only thing you've done consistently over the last 2 decades is suck.

It's like trying to meet girls when you're a broke, overweight, 40 year old shlub working the Wendy's drive thru, driving a '97 Hyundai, and living in your mom's two bedroom apartment that smells like cat piss.  

You might find a nice homely girl who sees you as a viable option, and with a little confidence and charm may even luck into an emotionally damaged 7 rebounding from an abusive relationship, but you're not going to consistently pull healthy 9s until you up your game.

If the Bills start winning consistently it will be a whole lot easier to pull 9s.

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No.

But like I said the only downside is less $$$ under the salary cap. 

But that's what I'm saying: there is a potential downside of the injury not healing up, but nobody here can know that, either way. My argument is that there is a potential downside of the injury persisting, and us not getting sufficient value out of Ansah. 

I look at the money under the cap as a non-issue; not even a negative. We have it to spend, so I'm fine with spending it judiciously, as Beane has tried to stick to. 

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm sure it played a part.

Guess they didn't think the risk was worth it.... but again the downside is simply cap space which they have plenty of. That's literally the only downside. 

Rolling over 25-30 mil in cap space next year gives the Bills enough money to resign any of their own players and be aggressive in FA again next year if they want/need to be.  I'll take the extra cap flexibility a 1 year rental at DE with a bad shoulder.  The bills were in on Ziggy, Clark, and Clowney, I feel good they will address the DE position next offseason.  

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I know.

Because critiquing a guy making the decisions who's proven nothing in the league isn't allowed here and means you suck and aren't fun as a person.??

If I had been asked to bet $10,000 on which poster I thought would be most likely to come in and defend that guy, your name would have come out of my mouth faster than you can say "Debbie Downer".

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rob's House said:

It's like trying to meet girls when you're a broke, overweight, 40 year old shlub working the Wendy's drive thru, driving a '97 Hyundai, and living in your mom's two bedroom apartment that smells like cat piss.  

Hey! I'm not overweight.

• Haha (+1) 1