Seahawks sign Ansah

7 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

The Texans put the franchise tag on him for this year. No way the Texans are trading Clowney to the Bills for anything less than a 1st rounder, and no way Beane is willing to trade a 2020 1st when that pick will likely become an elite WR talent at a rookie salary. Most likely, the Bills will attempt to sign Clowney next offseason with the $80+ million in cap space they currently have (that's not even including the rollover cap space from this year).

By the way, does anyone know how exactly the rollover cap rules work? The Bills are $30 million under for this season. Do they get to rollover all of that for 2020?

Basically. They will likely use some for mid year signings and the rooks will be a bit but yeah it rolls over. 

I guess I won't completely know how I feel about this until the numbers are out, but I really like the idea of the Bills having $25mil in cap space to roll over anyway.  If it stays that way, that would give them a lot of flexibility in FA next year..  

• Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
  • Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.

Seems like that would have been a worthwhile investment for Buffalo, my feelings about Ansah notwithstanding.

On the other hand, it's not always just about money. Maybe Ziggy felt the Seahawks offered a better path to playing time. Maybe he got along better with their coaching staff. Maybe he prefers fresh seafood to buffalo wings. Who knows.

• Like (+1) 2

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

Nope that was the 7th 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

It is still murky.  I am sorry, I speak English, and not up on all the latest slang

A new one is these youngsters repeat words at the end of the sentence according to my daughter...

They don't just say for example, "Oh he's mad". Instead they'll say, " Oh he MAD mad"... i guess like REALLY mad... 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

I liked Murphy before his injuries but he was never a better player than Ansah.

• Like (+1) 1