2019 NFL bold predictions

1. During mid season Tampa is switched to AFCS, Miami to NFCS and Jax to AFCE as part of their announced move to London.  Doing this move during the year results in some scheduling glitches which result in NE winning the AFCE via a tiebreaker they would have otherwise lost.

2. Miami stinks bad, drafts a QB at the top and trades Rosen to Jax to replace he injured Foles.  The AFCE has 3 2018 R1 QBs again in 2020.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, Rocky Landing said:

My BOLD PREDICTIONS:

1. Derek Anderson is cut, and Tyree plays third string. 

2. Gore is not on the team come September. 

3. Dion Dawkins does not start week one. 

4. Jake Fisher becomes #2 TE on the depth chart. 

was this posted before or after  Derek Anderson announced his retirement.  ???? 

Okay so I usually try 4 Bills related Bolds and 4 NFL bolds so here goes:

Bills related

1. Quinton Spain goes to the Pro-Bowl;

2. Tyler Kroft leads the team in TD receptions;

3. LeSean McCoy signs off with his third 1,000 yard rushing season in 5 years with the Bills and is less than 200 yards away from his stated goal of 12,000 career yards;

4. Trent Murphy does not make the final 53.

League wide

1. Patrick Mahomes throws fewer than 30 touchdowns and the Chiefs miss the playoffs;

2. Shanahan and Lynch fail again to reach .500 and are fired in San Francisco;

3. Tampa Bay wins the NFCS;

4. The Dallas Cowboys make the Superbowl.

Sammy Watkins has more receptions, yards and TD's than Antonio Brown.

Cole Beasley will lead the Bills in receptions and yards.

The patriots and Cowboys will play in the least watched Super Bowl ever.

Another patriots cheating scandal leaks after the Super Bowl and Belichick retires because of it.

The Jaguars announce they're moving to London.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sean McDermott breaks both arms in training camp due to excessive clapping, rendering him unable to coach;

Bills replace him with QB-whisperer Mike Leach;

Josh Allen throws for 5000 yards and 50 TDs in 13 games - we rest him for the last 3, having clinched home field throughout the playoffs;

Ed Oliver is ROY, Josh Allen MVP;

The Bills have ten players named to the Pro Bowl - none can go because we’re playing in the Superbowl;

We clobber the Cheatriots in all 3 meetings, on our way to...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!! ???

(Josh Allen wins a car and a trip to DisneyWorld.)

30 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Sean McDermott breaks both arms in training camp due to excessive clapping, rendering him unable to coach;

Bills replace him with QB-whisperer Mike Leach;

Josh Allen throws for 5000 yards and 50 TDs in 13 games - we rest him for the last 3, having clinched home field throughout the playoffs;

Ed Oliver is ROY, Josh Allen MVP;

The Bills have ten players named to the Pro Bowl - none can go because we’re playing in the Superbowl;

We clobber the Cheatriots in all 3 meetings, on our way to...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!! ???

(Josh Allen wins a car and a trip to DisneyWorld.)

Because he is so appreciative of Bills fans, Josh Allen raffles the car off on TSW. Winner: Rocky Landing!!!

I'm surprised that nobody brought up Mark Sanchez's bold prediction yesterday on Total Access that the Jests would go 13-3 ... only because they have the division already won and allowed the Bills to win the last game since they rested their starters.

My bold predictions are ...

1. The Miami Dolphins win between 5 and 8 games, and aren't in running for the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes after mid-season.
  2. The NY Jests DO NOT win 13 games ... maybe 9 but not double digits.
  3. The Bills fail to win 10 or more games for the 20th straight season.
  4. NFL DCs do not effectively figure out how to stop Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense so the Browns and Ravens fight it out for the AFCN and both make the playoffs.
  5. Jameis Winston plays all sixteen games but the Bucs win enough to lose out in the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes by a hair.
  6. Marcus Mariota plays all sixteen games but the Titans win the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes anyways.
  7. Kliff Kingsbury gets fired before the season ends when his "Air Raid Offense" crashes and burns despite the heroics of Kyler Murray, David Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald.
  8. NFL DCs finally figure out Jimmy Garoppolo because he finally plays more than 5 games in a season ... and proves once again the genius of Bill Belichick in netting a high pick for another mediocre QB.
  9. The Seattle Seahawks re-emerge as the true power in the NFCW and serve Belichick and Brady with poetic justice with a goal line INT in the closing seconds to cement their second Super Bowl win under Russell Wilson who is named SB MVP.
Edited by SoTier

26 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I'm surprised that nobody brought up Mark Sanchez's bold prediction yesterday on Total Access that the Jests would go 13-3 ... only because they have the division already won and allowed the Bills to win the last game since they rested their starters.

1. The Miami Dolphins win between 5 and 8 games, and aren't in running for the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes after mid-season.
  4. NFL DCs do not effectively figure out how to stop Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense so the Browns and Ravens fight it out for the AFCN and both make the playoffs.
  5. Jameis Winston plays all sixteen games but the Jags win enough to lose out in the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes by a hair.
  6. Marcus Mariota plays all sixteen games but the Titans win the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes anyways.
  7. Kliff Kingsbury gets fired before the season ends when his "Air Raid Offense" crashes and burns despite the heroics of Kyler Murray, David Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald.
  8. NFL DCs finally figure out Jimmy Garoppolo because he finally plays more than 5 games in a season ... and proves once again the genius of Bill Belichick in netting a high pick for another mediocre QB.
  9. The Seattle Seahawks re-emerge as the true power in the NFCW and serve Belichick and Brady with poetic justice with a goal line INT in the closing seconds to cement their second Super Bowl win under Russell Wilson who is named SB MVP.

What does Winston have to do with the Jags? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What does Winston have to do with the Jags? 

Nothing, except that I ALWAYS confuse the Bucs and Jags.  I don't know why.  I can't blame it on old age as I've been doing it for many years.   I'm usually excellent in geography (I once harbored aspirations to be a cartographer since I love maps) and I know where Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are ... I just always confuse their teams.  Mea culpa. 

PS - Thanks.  I fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Cole Beasley will lead the Bills in receptions and yards.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd prefer to see Beasley lead the team in receptions and not yards. I think his ceiling in this situation is 7-800 yards. I'd like to believe Zay, Foster, or Brown would have at least 1000.

Beasley is my favorite off season acquisition so this is no slight against him. I think he is "limited."

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:25 PM, Rocky Landing said:

My BOLD PREDICTIONS:

1. Derek Anderson is cut, and Tyree plays third string. 

2. Gore is not on the team come September. 

3. Dion Dawkins does not start week one. 

4. Jake Fisher becomes #2 TE on the depth chart. 

1. Well, you're mostly right. I think he saw the writing on the wall.

2. Agreed. Picking Singletary in the 3rd means he's not around. Yeldon will likely be #3.

3. He has admitted that he didn't work hard enough last year. If he follows through with a commitment, he can be very good. We'll see.

4. #3 at best, IMO. You don't even want him on the field in passing situations, so #1 and #2 seem well out of reach for him. #2 belongs to Croom or Knox.

Edited by GreggTX

On 5/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Here goes:

Devin Singletary will be the starting RB by game 7.

The Bills beat the Patriots not once but twice.

The Bills win the AFC East with an 11-5 record.

Tyree Jackson gets one start in 2019...and wins.

I like the Singletary prediction, but I think Shady is going to have a much better year than many are imagining. Still, Singletary will be looking good and we'll start running more to take advantage of him.

I don't think we'll beat the Patriots even once if Brady is healthy.

I wish, but I think 11 wins is still well out of reach for us.

I don't see Jackson starting or winning. He's a real project. That said, his ceiling could be really high and I hope they keep him on the final 53.

56 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

1. Well, you're mostly right. I think he saw the writing on the wall.

2. Agreed. Picking Singletary in the 3rd means he's not around. Yeldon will likely be #3.

3. He has admitted that he didn't work hard enough last year. If he follows through with a commitment, he can be very good. We'll see.

4. #3 at best, IMO. You don't even want him on the field in passing situations, so #1 and #2 seem well out of reach for him. #2 belongs to Croom or Knox.

I ordered my bold predictions to get bolder as they went down. So, #4 is more wishful thinking than actual prediction. But, I kinda love the story, and the experiment. We know the guy is going to be good at blocking. He's spent his career stopping people, so it's an interesting perspective for him to know how not to be stopped. But here's where I'm really intrigued: he's essentially derailed his career to chase a dream, and he's clearly worked hard at it. He's dropped a bunch of weight, and done all he can to get his body right for the position. I have to believe he's been working on his receiving skills. You say, "you don't even want him on the field in passing situations," but what if he can actually catch the ball? It's really an assumption that everyone is making that it will be his bane, but clearly, he is putting in the work. Is it outside the realm of possibility that he succeeds, and becomes a true TE?

Also, regarding your comment on Yeldon: Since watching the limited coverage of the rookie mini-camp, I feel like adding a #5 bold prediction:

5. If I'm right, and Gore is not on the team come September, Christian Wade will become the #3RB. The more I watch of this guy, the more I am impressed. He cuts as well as anyone out there, but he is so strong! I think that in professional rugby you need a lot more upper body strength than you need as an NFL running back. But watching this guy's highlights (which obviously offer limited insights) he has such great acceleration, and looks like he can be a downhill runner who can also cut on a dime. Obviously, there are limitations transitioning from European Rugby to the NFL. But, I feel like this guy might have it. Shady, Singletary, Wade could be a helluva cool RB roster.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, SoTier said:

5. Jameis Winston plays all sixteen games but the Bucs win enough to lose out in the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes by a hair.

These predictions aren’t “bold” — they’re dumb. 

• Haha (+1) 3