2019 NFL bold predictions

18 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There are bold predictions after all. Derek’s use as a vet mentor may be played out by September. And Tyree might be an exciting enough prospect to keep around. 

Seriously? Allen is barely in year 2 by then...he likely will need mentoring at least through his 3rd season

My Bold Predictions:

1. Bills finish no worse than 2nd in the AFCE at 11-5 getting at least a WC birth. 

2. Shady has a bounce-back year tallying over 1,000 yards rushing and 1,500+ yards from scrimmage. 

3. Josh Allen will complete at least 65% of his passes. 

4. Tampa wins 10 with Arians running the show and Winston looks like a #1 overall pick.

5. Pittsburgh goes 5-11 and Mike Tomlin gets fired. 

6. The NY Giants will conjure memories of the old Lions teams riding Saquon like Barry Sanders scratching at a WC birth. 

7. Dwayne Haskins wins the job in TC/Preseason ove Keenum and wins the OROY while leading the Redskins to the NFCE title. 

8. The Cowboys take a step back and Jason Garrett finally gets fired. 

9. The Oakland Raiders will bench Derek Carr by week 6 and end up with the worst record in the NFL. 

10. The NFCW will be the worst division in football with the winner holding an 8-8 record. 

11. Cleveland will run away with the AFCN having the division won with 3 weeks left to play.

12. Baltimore's defense will finish in the 20's this year while people expose Jackson just like Kaepernick and Tyrod. They will be bottom feeding with Pittsburgh. 

13. Deshaun Watson gets injured early and misses most of the season.

14. Nick Foles becomes the Nick Foles of LA/St. Louis again and Marrone/Coughlin get canned. 

15. Marlon Mack will lead the NFL in rushing. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Seriously? Allen is barely in year 2 by then...he likely will need mentoring at least through his 3rd season

It's more a statement on Derek Anderson, than Allen. Anderson was never more than mediocre at best. The best thing he has going for him as a vet is that he has been in the league for so long. But, he hasn't played an entire season since '07. (That was, in fact, his only full season). I have to wonder how much Allen is getting from the guy at this point. And, let's not forget, Allen's "vet mentor" going into his rookie season was Late Nate Peterman.

Also, if Tyree Jackson shows himself to be a worthy prospect, which is certainly plausible (albeit, another bold prediction), then other teams will know it, and they may not want him on the PS. And, they're certainly not going to carry four QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's more a statement on Derek Anderson, than Allen. Anderson was never more than mediocre at best. The best thing he has going for him as a vet is that he has been in the league for so long. But, he hasn't played an entire season since '07. (That was, in fact, his only full season). I have to wonder how much Allen is getting from the guy at this point. And, let's not forget, Allen's "vet mentor" going into his rookie season was Late Nate Peterman.

Also, if Tyree Jackson shows himself to be a worthy prospect, which is certainly plausible (albeit, another bold prediction), then other teams will know it, and they may not want him on the PS. And, they're certainly not going to carry four QBs. 

Just because a guy might not have the physical tools to play well in the NFL doesnt mean he cant teach someone else a lot who DOES have those tools...in fact most of the time guys like Anderson can stick around so long precisely because they know so much about what is going on...

Edited by matter2003

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Just because a guy might not have the physical tools to play well in the NFL doesnt mean he cant teach someone else a lot who DOES have those tools...in fact most of the time guys like Anderson can stick around so long precisely because they know so much about what is going on...

"Might not have the physical tools" sounds like a kind euphemism for "doesn't have the talent." In the seven years prior to arriving in Buffalo, Anderson started a total of four games. And, last year, when we signed him six weeks into the season, it would not be inaccurate to say that we were desperate. It's easy to forget how mind-bogglingly bad the quarterback position was managed last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

"Might not have the physical tools" sounds like a kind euphemism for "doesn't have the talent." In the seven years prior to arriving in Buffalo, Anderson started a total of four games. And, last year, when we signed him six weeks into the season, it would not be inaccurate to say that we were desperate. It's easy to forget how mind-bogglingly bad the quarterback position was managed last season. 

Yeah...and those are the guys who HAVE to know their stuff to stay in the league because they don't have the talent to beat you physically...they have to be able to use their smarts and know what is going on.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah...and those are the guys who HAVE to know their stuff to stay in the league because they don't have the talent to beat you physically...they have to be able to use their smarts and know what is going on.

This is a pretty weird statement. "... don't have the talent to beat you physically...?" He had four starts in seven years, so... he had to have the smarts to know what was going on from the bench? Is that what you're saying? I suppose that's true... If he spent so much time as a backup, and didn't get canned, then yeah, I'm sure he was paying attention to the game, and knew what was going on. I'm just not sure that's a ringing endorsement to be Allen's mentor. 

I like

4 hours ago, H2o said:

My Bold Predictions:

1. Bills finish no worse than 2nd in the AFCE at 11-5 getting at least a WC birth. 

2. Shady has a bounce-back year tallying over 1,000 yards rushing and 1,500+ yards from scrimmage. 

3. Josh Allen will complete at least 65% of his passes. 

4. Tampa wins 10 with Arians running the show and Winston looks like a #1 overall pick.

5. Pittsburgh goes 5-11 and Mike Tomlin gets fired. 

6. The NY Giants will conjure memories of the old Lions teams riding Saquon like Barry Sanders scratching at a WC birth. 

7. Dwayne Haskins wins the job in TC/Preseason ove Keenum and wins the OROY while leading the Redskins to the NFCE title. 

8. The Cowboys take a step back and Jason Garrett finally gets fired. 

9. The Oakland Raiders will bench Derek Carr by week 6 and end up with the worst record in the NFL. 

10. The NFCW will be the worst division in football with the winner holding an 8-8 record. 

11. Cleveland will run away with the NFCN having the division won with 3 weeks left to play.

12. Baltimore's defense will finish in the 20's this year while people expose Jackson just like Kaepernick and Tyrod. They will be bottom feeding with Pittsburgh. 

13. Deshaun Watson gets injured early and misses most of the season.

14. Nick Foles becomes the Nick Foles of LA/St. Louis again and Marrone/Coughlin get canned. 

15. Marlon Mack will lead the NFL in rushing. 

Damn that's a lot of bold.

I could envision: 8, 12, or 14

I would heavily bet against any of the other things happening.

He did say bold, though, so I have to give you that.

2 hours ago, Estro said:

I like

Damn that's a lot of bold.

I could envision: 8, 12, or 14

I would heavily bet against any of the other things happening.

He did say bold, though, so I have to give you that.

Why would you "bet heavily" against 13 (Watson getting injured)? That seems easily possible.

I agree that H2O has some really bold predictions there though.