Butch Rolle to be working with Dawson Knox

4 hours ago, SaratogaMike said:

Image result for butch rolle

I loved Butchie but I hope Knox aspires be a little better than a one-dimensional blocking TE who catches goal line TD’s as a novelty.  

I remember when the Bills rested their starters during Week 17 of the 1990 season to play Detroit.  His consecutive reception to TD streak was broken because the team actually played him in non-goal line situations 

Hope Butch teaches him the fake block on the line of scrimmage at the goal line play,  roll unimpeded into the end zone, stand up and have the QB (Kelly) throw you a td pass. It worked even when the other team looked for it.

Mr. Touchdown was a regular @ Mannequins on NF Boulevard back in the day. I remember him being very friendly and engaging, he always had a few minutes to talk shop with fans. If he can help out thats great. I wish him success!

14 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Knox is said to be a real gym rat/workout freak.  Maybe Rolle can give him some tips on how to be as efficient as possible.

To bad he can't break tackles after the catch, but definitely a good route runner and great blocker.

All Knox does is not score touchdowns. Seems like a good match. Rolle always seemed like a good guy.

Rolle was highly overrated as a TE though. It's not like he was making great catches for these TDs. It was more like a tackle eligible play with hardly any coverage. He was, however, a little cog in some great teams. A Rolle player at best. ?