Josh Allen comments on draft - article from Wyoming paper

Quarterback Josh Allen is a fan of the Buffalo Bills' draft

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/quarterback-josh-allen-is-a-fan-of-the-buffalo-bills/article_1212cd10-8fcd-5e56-a706-5f02365d406f.html

Oliver- 

“I talked to Ed a little bit, and he seems like a great guy,” Allen said. “Obviously he’s a tremendous talent. That’s a big spot with Kyle leaving last year, but he’s going to jump right in. We’re going to bring all of these guys into our team and make them our family.”

Ford-

“I know he was pretty high on our draft board just talking to certain people,” Allen said of Ford. “Excited we got another piece to put out there.

“He looks like a pretty dangerous guy on the field. He’s got a lot of tenacity. Super strong. Super powerful. Can move a little bit, too. He fits into our system, and I’m excited to meet him when he gets up here this weekend.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen: “I hated all the picks and wish they picked a receiver.” 

Between the draft and FA, they upgraded the o-line and the receivers, both of which will help the passing game. Plus, a better d-line takes some pressure off the offense.  If I were Josh, I'd be pretty happy with this off-season.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen: “I hated all the picks and wish they picked a receiver.” 

That tight end in the fourth is an overgrown slow WR

29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Between the draft and FA, they upgraded the o-line and the receivers, both of which will help the passing game. Plus, a better d-line takes some pressure off the offense.  If I were Josh, I'd be pretty happy with this off-season.

Plus Barkley is nothing more than a career back up and Anderson is a loud fart away from returning to the concussion protocol.. 

The job is irrefutably his without challenge 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Plus Barkley is nothing more than a career back up and Anderson is a loud fart away from returning to the concussion protocol.. 

The job is irrefutably his without challenge 

That was a given at the end of last season. Josh demonstrated that he can perform and learn as he goes, so there's no need for him to sit behind a vet for a couple of seasons. He can learn from the vets in the QB room and learn from experience on the field. And with the o-line upgrades, he might just get some time in the pocket instead of throwing on the run (or tucking it and running) so much.

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I wanted receivers yes, silly me. You got me, boy did that burn. 

Why bother getting receivers when the QB has accuracy issues?  It's like buying brand new tires for your car that has no steering wheel.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Trollin, trollin trollin

People are so hung up on that magical 60% completion rate.  Tunnel vision.

For teams who had QBs with the Top 10 highest completion percentage, 4 out of 10 of those teams went to the playoffs.  But crusaders will be crusaders.