Beane: Gore will push McCoy to be the starter

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, as someone who spent way too much time watching the run game and trying to figure out what blocking the Bills were attempting to achieve:

1) on the one hand, there was seldom a lane McCoy could run through

2) on the other hand, after the first couple games when it became clear there weren't lanes where he could follow a blocker and there weren't likely to be lanes where he could follow a blocker, Shady did a sh** ton of dancing about where, had he hit the hole harder, he could arguably have gotten more yards

But that’s always been his game.  Just a bad mix of his style and an oline not opening enough holes.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Nah, that's the old days of "workhorse" RBs who got 25-30 carries and would say they don't "warm up" until they've been hit a few times.  Lots of teams use RBBC, including very successful ones (the Pats*** say hello).  Shady was going to be a <20 carry back no matter how you slice it.  If the Bills run the ball 30-35 times a game there are plenty of carries to go around to Shady/Gore/Singletary.

I definitely hear ya but 1) McCoy is getting paid like a top rb so what’s the point if we are going split his carries like that and will he be happy? 2) let’s stop with the Pats comparison because it’s just not close to the same 3) they did just draft Michel to be more of a workhouse type back. In 6 of the 13 games he played in, he had 18+ carries. 

I guess i dont see the point of McCoy if you’re going to split carries that much.  I would trade him but his value is probably so low, we should just keep him. 

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

First of all, I disagree with your premise that there are only 20 smart people on this board...

Come talk to me halfway through the season smart game.  After you clock out from your little job.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Come talk to me halfway through the season smart game.  After you clock out from your little job.

Ok, I’m not sure what this means, but I want you to know I’m just playing around, and shouldn’t be taken too seriously, if that’s what you were doing. ?

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t care if we have to run by committee this year. The key is we need production. Last year’s line and offense was so awful it is really hard to know what the real shady looks like any more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, NewDayBills said:

I think Gore and Singletary will end up 1A and 1B. Yeldon will be last on the depth chart. I don't see Shady sticking around, I know my opinion pisses people off and I'm sorry about that, but the writing is on the wall. Shady is making way too much for what he does. Gore, Singletary and Yeldon is a effing nice stable of horses and cost less than Shady combined.

What writing is on the wall ? If anyone is going to take starting job-RB from Shaddy they will have earn it ,  ( IMO ) they would have to be just as good or BETTER for Shaddy to step down , to be a starter should be based on your performance not your paycheck, and BTW Don’t believe everything you read especially in the public bathrooms 

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Six broken ribs and punctured lungs. Not funny.

The person who pushed that girl is not wired right.  That was brutal.  I can't believe she's that stupid to think that pushing her friend like that would somehow be funny.  Sickening.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Putin said:

What writing is on the wall ? If anyone is going to take starting job-RB from Shaddy they will have earn it ,  ( IMO ) they would have to be just as good or BETTER for Shaddy to step down , to be a starter should be based on your performance not your paycheck, and BTW Don’t believe everything you read especially in the public bathrooms 

The ***** did I just read.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

Whoa.  What?  Does McCoy need to be pushed to be the STARTER?  Shady not gonna like these comments...

Gore is one of Shady's closest friends. one of the reasons we brought him in lol. they will be fine

10 hours ago, Putin said:

Is this Shaddy a free agent they signed in the offseason or an UDFA I didn't hear about?  If so, I'd be surprised if he starts this year.