Beane: Gore will push McCoy to be the starter

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Whoa.  What?  Does McCoy need to be pushed to be the STARTER?  Shady not gonna like these comments...

It's basically the same thing they said all along when they brought him in that they'd compete and make each other better.

Even though I feel Gore would've faired better behind that line because of his within the tackle running style, he still would've had a tough go of it. I think both him and Shady will thrive with the new and improved O line. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just like virtually every other position on the team, there will competition.  If Gore is the better RB, he should start.

Quarterback? I mean I know they won’t but I always did wonder what if the guy behind the starter was better in camp. 

This is a brilliant plan by Beane.  

For the record I was on board when we traded for McCoy and have been happy he's on our team.  I know he went through a lot of personal stuff last year and I know our OL was terrible - but he, IMO, wasn't giving maximum effort.

Shady has been a great player in this league and is prideful.  What a great way to create competition for him by bringing in a friend.  They'll push each other without Shady getting offended because that's his buddy. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Whoa.  What?  Does McCoy need to be pushed to be the STARTER?  Shady not gonna like these comments...

Why not? On good teams nobody's job is safe.

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question

Why is Singletary added to a already crowded backfield.....

answer because more is better....I would rather have too many good backs then not enough

Most rbs say they need a bunch of carries to get into a rhythm.  I mean depth is not a bad problem but no back is going to thrive switching in and out.  

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Quarterback? I mean I know they won’t but I always did wonder what if the guy behind the starter was better in camp. 

That's why I said "virtually."  And Peterman supposedly looked like the best QB in camp last year.  Besides...who would look better?  Jackson?

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question

answer because more is better....I would rather have too many good backs then not enough

For the future.  Shady and Gore are gone next year.

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question

Different backs do different things better.

Just now, Doc said:

That's why I said "virtually."  And Peterman supposedly looked like the best QB in camp last year.  Besides...who would look better?  Jackson?

For the future.  Shady and Gore are gone next year.

We will have Singletary and one of them stud RBs that are suppose to be in next years draft.

• Like (+1) 1