Brandon Beane going in on 1270 on unrealiable sources.

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

it's quite obvious Ian Misreport is the NFL's self appointed lackey media mouthpiece.

Take the L and move along Brandon

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Beane is 0 for this off-season for his anti-media schtick. Just shut up and do the job. 

But but but but they talked bad about Buffalo! ?

50 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Beane looks a little silly after his comments.

Which is exactly why, as an NFL GM, it’s stupid to react to media reports like these.

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’ll refer back to my comment last week that beane seems to be excellent at telling bills fans what they like to hear

Regardless what I think of his work as GM (mixed) he is a pro at branding this rebuild and this helps feed a lot of fans dislike if the media and us against them feeling

I think he is quite alright playing the guy that “gets it” for the fan base. I don’t think he’s miffed as much as he plays off it to his own advantage.

Exactly.  And it works.  Although certainly the fans dislike of the media predates him, he is certainly exploiting it.  There is no other reason for him to mention this stuff on the radio.

2 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I love Beane, but he played the "FAKE NEWS" card here and got burned. 

I disagree. I think Ansah's reps used the willing media to try to drive up the price. Beane called it publicly, and didn't raise his price privately, effectively forcing Ansah to the Seahawks. Beane is pretty calculated. He had a value set for Ansah and he wasn't going to exceed it, especially not from a media report about another team becoming the favorite.

• Like (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I disagree. I think Ansah's reps used the willing media to try to drive up the price. Beane called it publicly, and didn't raise his price privately, effectively forcing Ansah to the Seahawks. Beane is pretty calculated. He had a value set for Ansah and he wasn't going to exceed it, especially not from a media report about another team becoming the favorite.

Right, that is negotiation. 

Agents and reps are always going to do what they need to to drive up the price, that's their job. 

For Beane to call out media members and go public with it all looks really petty to me. 

4 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Agents and reps are always going to do what they need to to drive up the price, that's their job. 

For Beane to call out media members and go public with it all looks really petty to me. 

I don't see anything wrong with Beane basically saying "Negotiations were going well. If you want something talk to me directly." Which is pretty much what his quotes boil down to.

54 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Except Beane appeared to doubt Rapaport's source was Ansah's representation. If credible, the source was likely someone from the Seahawk organization.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Well, just a short while ago the media claimed that Buffalo was the front runner to sign Ansah. So really they had their bases covered.

Always good when “the media” includes everyone’s opinion at any given moment during a fluid situation like a negotiation 

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Always good when “the media” includes everyone’s opinion at any given moment during a fluid situation like a negotiation 

It was widely reported by the media. It wasn't just everyone's opinion.

22 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

which calling about Brown is much different than what was reported.... What was reported was Brown to Buffalo was a done deal except Brown said no because "Buffalo"

Now at all what The AP reported. Or ESPN for that matter.

jw

6 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I disagree.

jw