Rapaport: Seahawks now the front-runner for Ziggy Ansah (Signed for 1 yr, base 9 mill)

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Makes sense. Seahawks have a greater need than Bills, and Ziggy will get more playing time there.

If I were Ziggy, considering his injuries and that his career might be ending here in the next few years, I'm going to whoever gives me the most guaranteed cash.

Personally I see Trent Murphy coming on this season.  He's the same type of player injury risk but has the skills to get to the qb.   Don't count that guy out yet.  His body is still young, he just had three different things last year and he wasn't able to be anywhere near 100%

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the tweet is definitely straight from the agent  - he visited more teams than the Bills, including the Ravens, but only the Bills were mentioned. 

Possibly could have come from cliff avril

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This makes me think Beane really wants Ansah and feels like they are close to a deal. Or why talk about it at all?

Yep.....maybe we are still in the mix, and he’s sick of LaConjecture and the rest of the gang just saying totally unsubstantiated stuff like they know something. Possibly agent leaks trying to sway negotiations? Improve player leverage? Reporters playing along? I know I’d be annoyed by people making stuff up and messing in my business. We don’t know where things stand behind the scenes, he at least has a clue. 

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This makes me think Beane really wants Ansah and feels like they are close to a deal. Or why talk about it at all?

considering Bills do not have him signed already and Beane's cell phone is probably glowing red from all the contact they are keeping I suspect they will not sign him now.

Bills had a captured negotiating position that now may be weakened as the deadline for this signing to count against comp pics is now over and could bring more teams into the fray for Zigzag. Bills have no such worries as they signed several hundred FA's and will never get a comp pick next year. They could have given their best offer with a deadline and then moved on if the deadline passed without Zigs agreeing to zag to Buffalo.

Ziggy must have been waiitng for other teams interest to show itself after the deadline so appears he does not want to come to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Why talk about it all is right. What is Beane trying to prove by running his mouth? Either sign him or don’t. I think this is fairly out of character for Beane, who is usually tight-lipped. If I was Ansah’s agents and heard what Beane said, I’d increase my asking price. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Why talk about it all is right. What is Beane trying to prove by running his mouth? Either sign him or don’t. I think this is fairly out of character for Beane, who is usually tight-lipped. If I was Ansah’s agents and heard what Beane said, I’d increase my asking price. 

It may have just been directed at the yahoos posting unsubstantiated garbage. Cutting down misinformation, and wobbly “sources”. Sending a message. Or something totally different. But I don’t think he lost his mind and became a different person. If we knew the backstory, I’d bet it makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Whenever these kinds of "X has emerged as a frontrunner" reports come out, my mind always go to, who gains from this coming out?

I usually land on the agent trying to gain leverage.

This would be true if the team that the agent thinks will pay the most is NOT the team that is "the front runner", so it's an incentive for that team to pony up before they lose out. So in this case, that logic would seem to point to a team other than Seattle being the most likely landing spot in the agents mind.