Rapaport: Seahawks now the front-runner for Ziggy Ansah (Signed for 1 yr, base 9 mill)

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting though that Rapsheet specifically mentions the Bills as still having interest - so i think they would take him,  but Beane likely has a set value on a player like that and he’s going to have a higher value in Seattle where they have a bigger need at the position. 

What you say makes sense.  Beane also seems to be very astute about not setting himself (the team) up to carry a bunch of dead money.  Seattle may be more willing to put guaranteed money on the table against a longer contract.  

IMO, I thought Shaq Lawson improved quite a bit last year. If he takes his game up another step this year, he could be really good. Murphy might even be semi healthy this year too.

I've also been a fan of Eddie Yarborough and that other guy they signed from the Lions (Harold ?) could be in the picture this year too.

Ziggy would be cool but I'm not sure he's much  better than what we have

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

IMO, I thought Shaq Lawson improved quite a bit last year. If he takes his game up another step this year, he could be really good. Murphy might even be semi healthy this year too.

I've also been a fan of Eddie Yarborough and that other guy they signed from the Lions (Harold ?) could be in the picture this year too.

I think Ziggy is a better player than Murphy or Shaq. But that is only if healthy. 

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Shaq, Murphy & Yarborough are jags. I’m not sure Ziggy isn’t, but if that’s all we can do this year, 4 jags are better than 3..

23 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I'm not sold on the story yet. Sounds like ziggy's agent is squeezing the bills. 

I think the tweet is definitely straight from the agent  - he visited more teams than the Bills, including the Ravens, but only the Bills were mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Wording of that tweet makes it sound like it’s all but done. 

Not a big loss honestly, would’ve been nice depth but Ansah doesn’t seem to have the talent he once had.  Would’ve been a slight upgrade, but not the game changer that some members of this board seem to think he is. 

NFL Radio was making it sound the same way an hour ago. For the right deal it would have been nice IMO, but not if we had to get carried away. Let Seattle overpay if they are desperate after trading away their stud. 

54 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The media is a total mess.  Why do they constantly feel the need to be predictors?  Report when he signs or if you know he is going to.  

pretty simple to understand the modern media circus. Get the hits, create the click bait, worry about the fallout later, then post articles about it creating more click baits

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

pretty simple to understand the modern media circus. Get the hits, create the click bait, worry about the fallout later, then post articles about it creating more click baits

Just now, Forward Progress said:

It's all about the clicks

hey that's what he said