Rapaport: Seahawks now the front-runner for Ziggy Ansah (Signed for 1 yr, base 9 mill)

Wording of that tweet makes it sound like it’s all but done. 

Not a big loss honestly, would’ve been nice depth but Ansah doesn’t seem to have the talent he once had.  Would’ve been a slight upgrade, but not the game changer that some members of this board seem to think he is. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tannins said:
After the AB mess, Ian Rapoport will always play opposition to any Bills opportunity now. 

I’m shocked he didn’t quit his job and crawl into a black hole somewhere. He probably swore vengeance to the Bills over the entire thing. Totally makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

Ansah ALWAYS has to be a “guy at the right price.” He’s also a weird fit here because he really SHOULD be on a 1 year “prove-it” deal. The Bills are fine at DE this year (obviously he’d make them better). It’s 2020 where they potentially have a big hole.

• Like (+1) 2

This Bills FO isn't overpaying for a player with a wonky shoulder. 

Recovering from shoulder surgery is tough for the average person who doesn't deliberatly drive it into large people for a living.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We already have one DE with chronic injuries (Murphy)...don't make the same mistake twice Beaner.

I do wonder if Trent’s history has made Beane think twice before taking on another injury risk,

• Like (+1) 1

Many posters are overrating Ansah's value. His skills have diminished considerably. He' s Trent Murphy 2.0. Let someone else overpay him and eat his dead money next year. We need top tier DE's if we're going to get to the playoffs because we have a 3rd tier QB. I'm thinking we'll trade for 1 and draft another next year and/or resign Hughes if the terms are right.

34 minutes ago, wppete said:

880659218-houston-texans-v-baltimore-rav

90 is both his jersey # and his Madden rating.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I do wonder if Trent’s history has made Beane think twice before taking on another injury risk,

Interesting though that Rapsheet specifically mentions the Bills as still having interest - so i think they would take him,  but Beane likely has a set value on a player like that and he’s going to have a higher value in Seattle where they have a bigger need at the position. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd rather give Hughes a 2 or 3-year extension now rather than wait.  I have a feeling Hughes is going to have a monster year if the Bills generate more interior pressure

Ian R...will always be saddled with the Antonio Brown "Breaking News" in my book..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1