Joe B latest to leave for Athletic

GG

Snooze reporting that Buscaglia will leave WKBW in August for The Athletic.  Will continue to provide Bills features for the TV station.

The Athletic definitely needs to ramp up their sports coverage to justify the subscription.

Loved how the news, specifically Pergament, pointed out in that article that the Athletic's website does not have the exposure the BN has. 

Yet, they banked on the BN Blitz which has failed miserably.

Either way, sports journalism is changing rapidly and some outlets are slow to accept it, the BN being a prime example. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thats surprise considering Joe is, I believe the director of sports for WKBW. So you would think that would be a well paying job for him, considering he came from radio.

Edited by Mrbojanglezs
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Thats surprise considering Joe is, I believe the director of sports for WKBW. So you would think that would be a well paying job for him, considering he came from radio.

Yes, but it is dying a slow death, so it makes sense for anyone there to be looking for opportunities to jump ship before it sinks completely into oblivion.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Yes, but it is dying a slow death, so it makes sense for anyone there to be looking for opportunities to jump ship before it sinks completely into oblivion.

Is WKBW in trouble? I know they are probably 3rd in ratings but I haven't heard that.

15 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Is WKBW in trouble? I know they are probably 3rd in ratings but I haven't heard that.

I prefer Bove anyway..Long,tall Joe is hardly on and he's clueless about the Sabres.With that being said..those sports segments are getting shorter and shorter.

Josh Reed (4) is my favorite out of all the locals.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I love the Athletics article.  Never even thought of paying for BN

Best bills coverage there is currently. 

? glad I signed up just wish articles appeared every day but then it would cost much more.

I love the Athletic. Subscription is relatively inexpensive if you buy when there are promos or sales. Even cheaper if you have an .edu email. 

They just launched a new podcast network, I would guess that Joe B's "Bills Blitz" podcast will be exclusively found on their site at some point. 

3 minutes ago, CBD said:

I love the Athletic. Subscription is relatively inexpensive if you buy when there are promos or sales. Even cheaper if you have an .edu email. 

They just launched a new podcast network, I would guess that Joe B's "Bills Blitz" podcast will be exclusively found on their site at some point. 

I have a edu email

Do you know how much it is?

7 minutes ago, CBD said:

Is it sports only?  Do not want politics.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have a edu email

Do you know how much it is?

It was 29.99 for a year when I subscribed last year with the student discount. 

I also re-upped around Christmas when they were running a promo without the student discount and was $29.99 and a free tshirt. 

Also, the phone app is great.

Edited by CBD

1 hour ago, GG said:

Snooze reporting that Buscaglia will leave WKBW in August for The Athletic.  Will continue to provide Bills features for the TV station.

The Athletic definitely needs to ramp up their sports coverage to justify the subscription.

???

I already find it to be quite well worth the money, but maybe that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2