Ty Nsekhe currently on Jim Rome

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cody wasn’t Drafted because he was BPA. Beane tried to trade back up into the 1st for him, succeeding in trading up early in the 2nd. We targeted him.

Case in point; if you're trading back into the first, that's because of how he stuck out on their board

If we are lucky Ty will be an upgrade at LT, and play for at least two years. This will give the Bills an opportunity to put a top 10 Oline on the field and win the Line of Scrimmage.

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think both can be true. Chicken or the egg. Bottom line? I hope he’s everything they expect him to be!!!

"Drafting for need" is typically a pejorative, saying that you're reaching to fill a need.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I don't agree that he will be on the bench. I'm not sure if he is going to be the starting RT or RG or swing lineman but he will be getting a lot of playing time. When he was the Redskins and replaced the injured Trent Williams at LT the OL didn't miss a beat. I'm not saying that he is as good as the all-pro Trent Williams but he was a valued lineman that the Skins didn't want to lose but couldn't keep him because of the cap issue. There is a reason why the Bills identified him as a player that they wanted and quickly secured. I don't believe it was for him to acquire splinters from the bench. 

I believe Beane when he said the best 5 OL players will start.

What I see about Ty is that even though he has some age this guy is hungry to be a starter.

He has been stuck as a RFA behind 2 great tackles in WAS and a pro bowl guard.

Beane and McDermott are going to put the best out in front of Josh this year.

If Ty is healthy and a backup on this years Bills team it means the Bills are fielding a great starting OL.

There is a reason that WAS gave him a 1st round tender deal last year and it proved wise when he had to play.

Can't wait to see him in action.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

"Drafting for need" is typically a pejorative, saying that you're reaching to fill a need.

I understand, but it just seems to be a murky world of definitions, semantics and understandings. The bottom line is.....I just hope he’s all that! That was my point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have watched all his snaps with the Skins. I think he is an average left tackle (but no better than Dion) and below average everywhere else on the line. 

I respectfully but strenuously disagree. He was targeted by this regime for a reason. I'm confident that he will be playing somewhere on the line. We shall see. :)

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully but strenuously disagree. He was targeted by this regime for a reason. I'm confident that he will be playing somewhere on the line. We shall see. :)

I think he was targeted as a swing and as their insurance policy incase either the draft didn't fall their way or Ford takes some time to be ready. What Beane has said ever since has all indicated to me that they want Dawkins and Ford to be their starting tackles. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he was targeted as a swing and as their insurance policy incase either the draft didn't fall their way or Ford takes some time to be ready. What Beane has said ever since has all indicated to me that they want Dawkins and Ford to be their starting tackles. 

What Beane has explicitly stated is that he is going to identify his top five blockers and then figure out where they play. Even if this regime prefers that Ford start as a RT that doesn't mean that he won't start off as the right guard. We shall see how this plays out. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

If we are lucky Ty will be an upgrade at LT, and play for at least two years. This will give the Bills an opportunity to put a top 10 Oline on the field and win the Line of Scrimmage.

i'm wondering if ty would be the best or better of the 2 at lt and if dion would even be willing to kick inside for the time being.  ty/dion/ morse/ ? / ford?

i definitely think they are planning on ford at rt.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What Beane has explicitly stated is that he is going to identify his top five blockers and then figure out where they play. Even if this regime prefers that Ford start as a RT that doesn't mean that he won't start off as the right guard. We shall see how this plays out. 

He has said top 5 out there. I just don't believe that if they are looking at him inside Ty is one of those 5. Equally I don't think Ford will start at RG this year. Either he starts at RT or they think he isn't quite ready Ty starts and the feed Ford in by the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

6'8" 330 lbs with the on-field mentality of a mean, nasty bouncer.  If Kiko tries the dirty crap he attempted on Josh Allen the last game of the season, I think Ty would break Kiko in half.  Morse and Long were the Bills intellectual signings...Spain, Ford, Waddle, Nsekhe and Feliciano are around to add some nasty to the line.  If these guys mesh -- the Bills will be immeasurably more formidable on O...

I approve of this post.

seems to me the Men they brought on will be replacing starters and depth across the line.

Wyatt might actually end up on PS ( if qualified )
Bills were absolutely looking for character guys who have measurables +.
most of them could have started for us last year. imo

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He has said top 5 out there. I just don't believe that if they are looking at him inside Ty is one of those 5. Equally I don't think Ford will start at RG this year. Either he starts at RT or they think he isn't quite ready Ty starts and the feed Ford in by the end of the year. 

I respectfully disagree with you that it is unlikely that Ford will play inside if he isn't ready to play at right tackle. Where I disagree with you is that I believe that Ty is going to get more playing time than you think. He was a lineman that the brain trust identified who would be on the market, and then quickly signed him. It's my opinion that he will be getting more playing than you think. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t think it’s 100% preordained, but this is the way I see it going. Again, time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

6'8" 330 lb beast, he caught 13 passes for 123 yds and 3 tds in the Arena league.?

Maybe Dawkins plays guard this year? One of them will kick inside or be depth I would guess.

Sounds we got our 6th pass eligible lineman for jumbo formations I have been predicting for months.

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I feel he will at the very least be eligible as swing Tackle on game day.

strange sensation i struggle with still.. do we have too many O line players that are decent ?

how many decades besides the short Dawkins Richie Eric respectable 2 years since we can even suggest it to be true. Gailey made good use of what he had. Because he had to though. Even Pears looked decent before the loudmouth from Syracuse ruined that line

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd hope a RT that they just had to have and that they traded up for at the top of the 2nd round is good enough to start right away.... wouldnt exactly look good if he isn't. 

Optics be damned. None of us know how each of these players will grade out under a new O line Coach and Daboll.
Perhaps Bills thought they got there guy in Ty N. ?
and Cody Ford had dropped so much his value could not be allowed to drop any further.

No matter what Bills did in FA , and i like what they did starting with Morse.
You have to bring high ceiling youth at any and every position you can .

McBeanes met needs during FA nicely.
Ford was BPA by a long shot some would argue coherently.
 Likely will start. That pick was a xmas present imo.

Oliver might have been too.

as long as the Team is playing solid football ? i will trust the Coaches to find the best five who can be immediately effective.
do not care who starts. They are all Bills to me ! heck i am cheering for Fisher as much as Knox

Go Bills

4 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

O-Line can play well into their late 30s. I hope he has four pro-bowl caliber years left in him since he doesn't have as much mileage as other O-Line at this point in his career. 

O-line players tend to start to decline right around age 33-34. Ty will be 34 but much like Lorax and Freddie he isn't a guy 10+ years in. He hasn't played a whole lot. I think realistically it is possible he has 1-3 years of solid production left in the tank. I don't see him being a pro-bowler but I think he can be a average to above average starter.