Ty Nsekhe currently on Jim Rome

Sounds like a motivated veteran. Puts 100% effort into every practice and game.

Wants to shut people down, every down.

Jaworski told him he was too talented for the indoor league in Philadelphia.

Bills wanted him for perseverance and character. "To feel like one of the family, it's a beautiful feeling."

Very self-aware.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6'8" 330 lbs with the on-field mentality of a mean, nasty bouncer.  If Kiko tries the dirty crap he attempted on Josh Allen the last game of the season, I think Ty would break Kiko in half.  Morse and Long were the Bills intellectual signings...Spain, Ford, Waddle, Nsekhe and Feliciano are around to add some nasty to the line.  If these guys mesh -- the Bills will be immeasurably more formidable on O...

• Like (+1) 4

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

A lot of people act as if Nsekhe was a run of the mill signing, but from what I have watched and heard about him, he is a good starting tackle in this league.  In general, I think people are underestimating his ability.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Ty reminds me of Fred in a lot of ways. Ty bounced around a lot in his pro-football career. He played for the CFL, Arena League, and bounced around a lot in the NFL. But he stayed persistent and made it to be a starting caliber player. Hopefully he has another good year or two in the league. Could be a nice bridge players for the O-line. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Signing him made me feel that drafting OT was less of a priority, but hey, BPA is BPA. I'm curious where Ty, Dion, and Cody will be shuffled along the OL.

Ty will be where he has been most of his career - the bench. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

A lot of people act as if Nsekhe was a run of the mill signing, but from what I have watched and heard about him, he is a good starting tackle in this league.  In general, I think people are underestimating his ability.

I thought he was an excellent add and a likely starter, but after drafting Ford, he's back to being a swing tackle.

6 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Signing him made me feel that drafting OT was less of a priority, but hey, BPA is BPA. I'm curious where Ty, Dion, and Cody will be shuffled along the OL.

Just my speculation, but I predict Cody Ford ends up at Guard.

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be the Lorax of the offense?  Similar paths to the Bills.

Wouldn't mind seeing him cap it off by kissing and then raising the Lombardi Trophy after the 2021 Super Bowl.

...but the 2020 Super Bowl would be fine, as well!  ;)

12 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Cody wasn’t Drafted because he was BPA. Beane tried to trade back up into the 1st for him, succeeding in trading up early in the 2nd. We targeted him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ty will be where he has been most of his career - the bench. 

I don't agree that he will be on the bench. I'm not sure if he is going to be the starting RT or RG or swing lineman but he will be getting a lot of playing time. When he was the Redskins and replaced the injured Trent Williams at LT the OL didn't miss a beat. I'm not saying that he is as good as the all-pro Trent Williams but he was a valued lineman that the Skins didn't want to lose but couldn't keep him because of the cap issue. There is a reason why the Bills identified him as a player that they wanted and quickly secured. I don't believe it was for him to acquire splinters from the bench. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6'8" 330 lb beast, he caught 13 passes for 123 yds and 3 tds in the Arena league.?

11 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Maybe Dawkins plays guard this year? One of them will kick inside or be depth I would guess.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cody wasn’t Drafted because he was BPA. Beane tried to trade back up into the 1st for him, succeeding in trading up early in the 2nd. We targeted him.

Most draft graders had Ford as a mid-1st rounder.  So you could definitely say he was BPA once he slipped to the later part of round 1.  With all the FA OL signings, I don't think you could call RT (or RG) a need.

21 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

All 3 of them have played guard in college or pros.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Ty reminds me of Fred in a lot of ways. Ty bounced around a lot in his pro-football career. He played for the CFL, Arena League, and bounced around a lot in the NFL. But he stayed persistent and made it to be a starting caliber player. Hopefully he has another good year or two in the league. Could be a nice bridge players for the O-line. 

O-Line can play well into their late 30s. I hope he has four pro-bowl caliber years left in him since he doesn't have as much mileage as other O-Line at this point in his career. 

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't agree that he will be on the bench. I'm not sure if he is going to be the starting RT or RG or swing lineman but he will be getting a lot of playing time. When he was the Redskins and replaced the injured Trent Williams at LT the OL didn't miss a beat. I'm not saying that he is as good as the all-pro Trent Williams but he was a valued lineman that the Skins didn't want to lose but couldn't keep him because of the cap issue. There is a reason why the Bills identified him as a player that they wanted and quickly secured. I don't believe it was for him to acquire splinters from the bench. 

I have watched all his snaps with the Skins. I think he is an average left tackle (but no better than Dion) and below average everywhere else on the line. 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Most draft graders had Ford as a mid-1st rounder.  So you could definitely say he was BPA once he slipped to the later part of round 1.  With all the FA OL signings, I don't think you could call RT (or RG) a need.

I think both can be true. Chicken or the egg. Bottom line? I hope he’s everything they expect him to be!!!