My 53 man roster projection

A few initial thoughts. I think they will keep DiMarco  (I wouldn't but McD will). Anderson will retire and they will go with just two QBs.  If I'm wrong about Anderson and they keep three QBs then a backup interior OL will be cut. I also don't believe the backup middle LB is on the team now unless they move Lorax to that spot and keep an additional DE. I also think McKenzie makes the team as the KR. I don't know of any other good options for returners. Singletary? Fisher and Sweeney are a toss up. Also I'm predicting Ansah will be signed. I'm going with Teller now for some youth and development. I can see him not making it in favor of Feliciano. Or if Ford starts at RG then either Long or Bodine will be gone. The backup safeties are a toss up but I went with a combination of youth Johnson and exp Alexander. Plus Alexander will be a key ST guy.

QB Allen, Barkley

FB DiMarco

RB McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary 

WR Foster, Jones, Beasley, D. Williams, Brown

OT Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Waddle

C Morse, Bodine

G Long,  Spain, Teller

TE Kroft, Knox, Croom, Fisher

DE Lawson, Murphy, Hughes. Ansah EDIT SIGNED WITH Seattle. 4th DE not currently on team

DT Oliver, J. Phillips, H. Phillips, Lotulelei

OLB Alexander, D. Johnson, Milano. Joseph

MLB Edmunds, Not on team yet

CB White, Gaines, Wallace, K. Johnson, T. Johnson

S Poyer, Hyde, Bush, M. Alexander, J. Jonhson

KR McKenzie Edit: Roberts ( thanks board I forgot about his signing)

P Bojorquez 

K Hauschka 

LS Ferguson 

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Haha (+1) 3

No one can really tell who is going to be there until after camp, and heck most times we can't tell after either. The whole 53 man cutdown thing is silly(and the 46 active game day is even more silly) and I hope that changes eventually. With that said, I think Roberts has to stick as 6th wideout as he will desperately be needed in the return game. Not sure who else steps in there besides him.

Edit: i see you have McKenzie there. Interesting...

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is this a joke? Teller over Spain and Feliciano? 

He will be if he beats them out in camp. The whole finally roster will be composed of players that win their battles. There is no guarantee with McBeane. Produce or move out, plain and simple.

Edited by badassgixxer05

I don't even know where to start:

Roberts makes the team as returner.

Jones makes the team as receiver, Crook cut to make room.

Spain is a starter, waddle gone.

Long backs up C and G

Anash will not sign with Buffalo or injury not recovered

Bush out at S - doubt keep 5

Anderson is 3rd QB

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A few initial thoughts. I think they will keep DiMarco  (I wouldn't but McD will). Anderson will retire and they will go with just two QBs.  If I'm wrong about Anderson and they keep three QBs then a backup interior OL will be cut. I also don't believe the backup middle LB is on the team now unless they move Lorax to that spot and keep an additional DE. I also think McKenzie makes the team as the KR. I don't know of any other good options for returners. Singletary? Fisher and Sweeney are a toss up. Also I'm predicting Ansah will be signed. I'm going with Teller now for some youth and development. I can see him not making it in favor of Feliciano. Or if Ford starts at RG then either Long or Bodine will be gone. The backup safeties are a toss up but I went with a combination of youth Johnson and exp Alexander. Plus Alexander will be a key ST guy.

QB Allen, Barkley

FB DiMarco

RB McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary 

WR Foster, Jones, Beasley, D. Williams, Brown

OT Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Waddle

C Morse, Bodine

G Long, Teller

TE Kroft, Knox, Croom, Fisher

DE Lawson, Murphy, Hughes. Ansah

DT Oliver, J. Phillips, H. Phillips, Lotulelei

OLB Alexander, D. Johnson, Milano. Joseph

MLB Edmunds, Not on team yet

CB White, Gaines, Wallace, K. Johnson, T. Johnson

S Poyer, Hyde, Bush, M. Alexander, J. Jonhson

KR McKenzie

P Bojorquez 

K Hauschka 

LS Ferguson 

Ethan, i think you move to buffalo from portland so you can keep a closer eye on things... yikes man, yikes. Kudos though for having the stones to put yourself out there!

Bodine and McKenzie are gone.  Roberts will be KR and Long will back up at C.  The open spot goes to Feliciano, another WR (Sills, if he has a good camp), or a 3rd QB.  If Tyree has a good camp, they may want to put him in the active roster.  He's a big enough name that he could get snatched up if we try to stash him on the PS.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is this a joke? Teller over Spain and Feliciano? 

Oops. I forgot to type Spaine. He will start. Nice catch 

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Lots of yikes with this prediction..

Post yours then. 

20 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ethan, i think you move to buffalo from portland so you can keep a closer eye on things... yikes man, yikes. Kudos though for having the stones to put yourself out there!

I forgot to type in Spain. 

What are the other yikes?

Roberts over McKenzie. Ok im ok with that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oops. I forgot to type Spaine. He will start. Nice catch 

Post yours then. 

I forgot to type in Spain. 

What are the other yikes?

Roberts over McKenzie. Ok im ok with that.

Respect Ethan. Good effort!

• Like (+1) 1

If i were McD and Beane (keeping my promise) I would not keep a FB and I would probably keep Feliciano and trade Bodine for an outside LB. Morse missed time with a concussion and I think keeping Long and Bodine makes some sense. But if Long can play center like he did in Washington it makes Bodine expendable.  Long was terrible at center with jets but had an injured hand.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

If i were McD and Beane (keeping my promise) I would not keep a FB and I would probably keep Feliciano and trade Bodine for an outside LB. Morse missed time with a concussion and I think keeping Long and Bodine makes some sense. But if Long can play center like he did in Washington it makes Bodine expendable.  Long was terrible at center with jets but had an injured hand.

I think you are sleeping on Feliciano. He is a solid player, nasty and aggressive. I can easily see him starting and for sure being a solid back and G/C. I don’t think Teller is on the 53 roster. PS at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I think you are sleeping on Feliciano. He is a solid player, nasty and aggressive. I can easily see him starting and for sure being a solid back and G/C. I don’t think Teller is on the 53 roster. PS at best. 

That is where I was a month ago and it is very possible. I think Ford and Long battle for starting spot opposite Spain. I was very down on Teller but I think McDermott has a bit of a loyalty issue and will probably keep him. Feliciano is a backup level talent but better than Ducasse and Miller were. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That is where I was a month ago and it is very possible. I think Ford and Long battle for starting spot opposite Spain. I was very down on Teller but I think McDermott has a bit of a loyalty issue and will probably keep him. Feliciano is a backup level talent but better than Ducasse and Miller were. 

Dont discount the Bobby Johnson connection and influence.

Ethan - nice effort for a projection in early May.  Per some reports, Beane tried to sign Long last offseason but lost out to the Jets.  The Bills seem pretty strong on Long so I believe this spells the end for Bodine.  I may be wrong but I see the bills keeping 9 OL.  Ford, Nyseke, Dawkins, Waddle, Morse, Long, Feliciano, Spain, and Teller.  Cuts are C. McDermott, Ducasse, Boettger, and Bodine unless a team is desperate for a Center and trades for him.  You never know.

• Like (+1) 1