Buffalo Bills TE Tommy Sweeney is a 70's throwback

I think it's interesting that he talks about how having a chip on his shoulder helped motivate him. I also think it's interesting that some people on here claim that this is not a real thing and just a sports cliche. So I guess Sweeney is full of it. 

5 hours ago, teef said:

as far as 7th round picks go, he has a good chance to make the team.  you can't only look at numbers because bc is such a run oriented team.  on top of that, he hasn't exactly had the best qbs. 

Ultimately he’s competing with a tackle moving to TE. Having a low risk FA and 7th round pick battle for a goal line package role is fine by me. Neither are going to be game changers but likely at least one will be able to do a small job decently for very cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t get why their college teams didn’t throw to their skilled TEs more.  I do understand BC because it has a high school offense but I don’t get the Ole Miss stuff.

You don’t get how a limited QB might not be able to attack the middle of the field and utilize a TE?  Are you not a bills fan?

• Haha (+1) 1

Tom's a highly instinctive and sophisticated player who's athletic in the most sublime manner... Easily compensates for what he lacks in raw footspeed.

If he does get cut, a sharper coaching staff could make very good use of his skill set. 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Love this. The best is how the coworker gets up right away and then immediately just sits back down like oh, this must be normal, lol 

what is a sledge hammer doing in an office setting?  I do like how chill his coworker is lol

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, GG said:

Expectations were much higher for Clay, while Croom was a side piece.   Clay is a much better TE, but was hurt and overpaid.   There's a reason Beane went so heavy to restock the position.  At this point, Croom is on the outside looking in.   We knew his blocking was going to be weak coming in from WR, but it should be concerning that his catching is also suspect.

So the problem sometimes on this board is people make things up to prove a point and that seems to be what is happening here. Some stats from last year:

Zach Ertz Catch %: 74.4 and 1 fumble

Travis Kelce Catch %: 68.7 and 2 fumbles

Gronk Catch %: 65.3 and 1 fumble

George Kittle Catch %: 64.7 and 0 fumbles

Jason Croom Catch %: 62.9 and 2 fumbles

When in comparison with recent ALL PRO tight ends, yeah he's a notch below, but that might be because he was a freaking undrafted free agent. He contributed last year. Averaged 11 yards a pop, only got 35 targets and made 250+ yards and a TD out of it. No idea why the hate. Sweeney and Fisher are the bubble guys at this point, the depth chart is clearly Kroft, Croom/Knox, Sweeney/Fisher.

21 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it's interesting that he talks about how having a chip on his shoulder helped motivate him. I also think it's interesting that some people on here claim that this is not a real thing and just a sports cliche. So I guess Sweeney is full of it. 

Everyone said this same dumb ***** about Ricky Proehl's son last year. You can either play or you can't. Doesn't matter how many doritos or pringles you have shoved up your ass.