Building the Roster

A lot of teams talk about building through the draft, the Bills are doing it. Picks since McDermott and Beane arrived:

2017: Tre White, Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano

2018: Josh Allen, Trumaine Edmunds, Taron Johnson, Harrison Phillips plus undrafted Levi Wallace and Robert Foster (I'm thinking Wyatt Teller doesn't make it)

2919: While they haven't played a down yet, Ed Oliver, Cody Ford and then we'll see who emerges from the rest (Knox, Singletary, Joseph, Johnson and Johnson)

Though it is early to evaluate so far the results have been good. The GA signings are nice and fill holes but if they can consistently have drafts like they have had the last 3 years that will lead to sustained success. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Bills draft players just like every other team. Some will work out and others won’t. It’s still a bit too early to praise this regime for their ability to draft and develop talent.

I would disagree. You can always look at what you've been able to figure so far. And IMO he's right, with the info we have now, they've drafted really well.

On the other hand, you're right that claiming that we know for sure we've drafted well wouldn't make sense. It'll take more time to know.

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Bills draft players just like every other team. Some will work out and others won’t. It’s still a bit too early to praise this regime for their ability to draft and develop talent.

people spend a lot of effort on some pointless metrics. My favorite of these is the “how many starters” metric.  Every team has 22 starters. Every team is going to be “good “ at least one of them r metrics “keeping our starters”, “Finding starters in free agency” , “drafting starters” or “trading for starters “.  in fact, in total, each team will total to 22 for these categories in a massive 32 team tie for winning the off season.   

• Like (+1) 1